Salary Cap: Salary cap to increase ~10% next season

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Not sure if serious......

The cap 2 years ago was 70 million, so basically the same as it will be next season. You're telling me 2 years ago the going rate for a D-man like phaneuf was 9 million? Meanwhile Karlsson won a Norris and signed for 6.5, and guys like Suter and Weber got 7.5 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Karlsson was an RFA. Suter and Weber signed for contracts that paid them much more than their cap hit and are now against league rules.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
All the stats say otherwise. He's not even one of the best PK forwards on the Leafs, let alone in the entire league. Don't confuse "getting a lot of ice time on the PK" with actually being great at it.

So Leafs PK was in the top tier in the entire NHL, which it hasn't for many many years, with that, McClement played the most PK minutes for the Leafs and for all NHLers in the entire league including d-men, and was given consideration for the Selke and had some say it should have been him that won it. I'm afraid you are wrong on that one.

dr dangles

Sep 10, 2011
I realize how many posts start with "if I'm Nonis I'd"... But... I'd send an internal message to the team stating that the rising cap is excellent news for our young team; that we now how space to keep our team together for seasons to come... So let's get back to playing consistent hockey.

With all the UFAs and RFAs I'm sure this is good motivation for individuals (both the emotional and financial) and good reassurance/confidence building for the entire team.

The season is still early, so who is coming back and for what price (at this point) is irrelevant... But still fun to think about!

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
So Leafs PK was in the top tier in the entire NHL, which it hasn't for many many years, with that, McClement played the most PK minutes for the Leafs and for all NHLers in the entire league including d-men, and was given consideration for the Selke and had some say it should have been him that won it. I'm afraid you are wrong on that one.

St.Louis had the best PK with McClement with McClement

Colorado went from worst to 12th in PK after acquiring McClement.

I shouldn't have to explain how far along Toronto's PK came along with McClement.

This guy is as important a bottom-6 forward as they come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad