Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last few posts:

Holtby is ass but Bishop would be an amazing addition.

Price at 50% would be an intriguing idea. But again, the price would be pretty high and injury questions abound.

Remember when we kept two goalies knowing one was gone for sure? During a trade deadline where goalies were in high demand to contenders because of freak injuries. Then ended up losing to the Habs in qualifying round, 3-1. Fun times.

I’m guessing DeSmith or ZAR is the pick

Unlikely, but I expect a breakout offensively because he will get all the prime minutes. By breakout, I mean around 55-60 points, not 40 goals like William Karlsson did.

He'll be what I call a "bad team good player". Like a Max Domi or a David Desharnais. Guys with a lot of warts that can produce offensively if you give them the offensive opportunities. Thing is, if they are the guy getting those minutes, your team sucks. They'll produce 55-60 while a 1C would produce 75-80.

He's had plenty of top 6 C minutes here over the past two seasons. I know there's a reason you said consistent, but I doubt that extra time in the role truly makes a difference to the player he is. I don't think a toolbox will get grafted on, at least not the sort of toolbox that radically changes his ceiling. Particularly since I imagine his line will be one teams really scheme against.

I expect him to do very well for them if taken and given the right support. I believe in his talent. I just think we've seen enough top 6C McCann to know.

There was an authentic looking video leaked that showed the Kraken selecting Kerfoot from Toronto.

It's going to be funny when Seattle takes Kerfoot over McCann and McCann absolutely flops in a defensive 3C role for Toronto.

I think the issue with McCann is that he has to be a scoring line center, but no contending teams have Jared McCann as a top-6 center unless the rest of the roster is stacked. You either need to have a scoring line 3rd line or you need to have a stacked team outside of your centers (like Vegas now and Chicago in the past) for McCann at C on a good team to work.

I was 7 when the Pens drafted Lemieux.

Seattle choosing between ZAR and Tanev is like deciding whether you want to eat a communion wafer or a tab of acid.

I don’t expect Tanev to be a Penguin by day’s end.

I would be shocked if Tanev is selected by Seattle. Just doesn't make sense from any perspective. He's an ultra expensive player in a position of extreme depth in the expansion draft.

I would be really surprised if it wasn't one of ZAR, Pettersson or Zucker. Tanev's like the 4th or 5th most likely guy IMO.

Continue

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Seravalli reporting that Oleksiak is signing with the Kraken. Adam Larsson has since signed (4.00x4).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
As I said in the other thread, I'm becoming more and more certain that ZAR or DeSmith is going to be the pick from Pittsburgh. I just don't see Seattle having the money to afford either Pettersson or Zucker with all of the other names they've been connected to. It sounds like they're going to have an expensive D group (unless they flip Giordano) with a few expensive forwards (Voracek/Tarasenko, Gourde, potentially Schwartz), plus it's still possible they take Price.

I just don't see where the money is coming from to afford Zucker or Pettersson.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pettersson to Edmonton actually does make a bit of sense now that Klefbom is apparently broken and his entire NHL career is in jeopardy. They're apparently close to re-signing Barrie though, so I'm not sure that they'll have the cap space for him.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
From what I've been reading, most writers have been saying they think ZAR will be the pick. A few people have picked Zucker and a few others started trending toward Tanev more recently. I think I saw one person picked DeSmith but there's a glut of goaltending available so they aren't sure there would be interest there. The Price situation seems to be throwing things off for how writers are thinking what direction the team is going to go. There's apparently heavy interest from Kraken management to take Price despite his salary and injury issues to replicate the success Fleury had with Vegas and have a face to the franchise and sell jerseys.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It'll be ZAR, or maybe Tanev. It'd be nice if it was Petts or to a lesser extent Zucker, but it'll be one of the first two, imo. Safe money's on ZAR.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
As I said in the other thread, I'm becoming more and more certain that ZAR or DeSmith is going to be the pick from Pittsburgh. I just don't see Seattle having the money to afford either Pettersson or Zucker with all of the other names they've been connected to. It sounds like they're going to have an expensive D group (unless they flip Giordano) with a few expensive forwards (Voracek/Tarasenko, Gourde, potentially Schwartz), plus it's still possible they take Price.

I just don't see where the money is coming from to afford Zucker or Pettersson.

You just told me there was no chance they were taking DeSmith...So I guess you mean ZAR is going to be the pick?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I don't see a situation where DeSmith is even on their radar. They have a ton of goalies to choose from and more available to sign when FA starts. I can't imagine either DeSmith or Jarry are anywhere close to even middle of the pack, let alone near the top.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
DeSmith makes sense if Seattle picks him and then immediately flips him to another team. Otherwise, ZAR makes more sense.

ZAR fits with the type of team they seem to be building.

He is ideal to play on a line with Gourde + he is cheap.

He is really the best value pick they can make out of all of our exposed guys. None of our "heavy" cap guys are that interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad