Sakic might be playing defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratfinklives

Nov 24, 2002
Visit site
I hope he does.. not because I want Canada to lose or anything but I think it would be incredibly interesting to see how he handles it... Kapanen did it for the Flyers this past year, no reason to think he couldn't.

PapaBear*

Personally I wouldnt play sakic on D, just cause hes such a key to our offense. I would play Draper on the 3rd pairing. I think he would do alright since hes an expert in defense.

SopelFan*

Quinn said if another D gets hurt, they will go with 5 D.

PapaBear*

SopelFan said:

excellent choice! I think our D would get more into the game, Foote, Nieds, Hannan, are capable of 30mins a game.

But isnt Redden day to day? So he might be back next game.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
SopelFan said:

Excellent choice indeed. That would be what 24 minutes each ? No biggie. They're all used to playing that much. And it's not like they have to play 82 games. It's 3 games top. They definately can handle it.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
The could also save a few extra minutes here and there by using a forward on the point for the PP. Say you got 4 PP's in a game you can save 8 minutes of D time just by doing that.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Team Canada certainly has the depth to ride five elite defensemen, but it's a bit of a pickle if one of the five goes down with an injury early in an elimination game.

monkey_00*

>>>I wonder what the plan is if we go down to 4 d-men?<<<

=============================

Douggy...........

Correct me if I'm wrong BUT, didn't Pat Quinn once upon a time play defence in the NHL?........heh heh heh

Cheers!~

monkey_00

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Roughneck said:
If another player gets hurt (be it forward or defense), Canada can call up another player. Mike Rahtje and Bryan McCabe are next on the list.

Two more players have to get hurt for that to happen.

I'm pretty sure they just practiced Richards and Sakic back on line rushes so they don't get burnt on the PP, since both those guys play teh point.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
SopelFan said:

It's the best solution IMO. It happens a lot of times in the NHL when a D get injured during the game. Not a problem.

But Sakic in defense? Is that some kind of joke? He's not Fedorov! :lol

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
cfrancis said:
Can't see them calling in another player at this point. Said player would have to condition themselves and learn the system and fit in. They would probably throw one of the forwards back and dress one of their scratches.

Good point.
I think it would be a mistake to bring in a new face this late in the game.The guys we have left on D should be capable of handling the load.Its unfortunate that we've lost our best d-men,but we can suck it up and take these last 3 games. :help:

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
wilka91 said:
It's the best solution IMO. It happens a lot of times in the NHL when a D get injured during the game. Not a problem.

But Sakic in defense? Is that some kind of joke? He's not Fedorov! :lol
Actually he's way better than fedorov :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad