Saginaw Spirit 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Good luck in the next round, guys. This series was 7 games at a grade school play compared to the physicality that's coming and it's going to be interesting to see how they can handle it. Just win 1 so my prediction is correct, was really considering calling the LDN sweep.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Good luck in the next round, guys. This series was 7 games at a grade school play compared to the physicality that's coming and it's going to be interesting to see how they can handle it. Just win 1 so my prediction is correct, was really considering calling the LDN sweep.
They complained about the hounds being to physical wait till they meet the Knights they are gonna get pounded all game long every game

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
H

Get over it you guys keep dwelling on what happened the league demeed it wasn't any more supplemental dicipline. Good luck in the next round and I hope London smashes you guys
1000005286.gif

Butt hurt table for 1

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Lalonde is interesting. When he’s on he’s on but he can be pretty pedestrian just as easily. I’d go to Oke if you know for sure he’s healthy. Otherwise keep riding Lalonde.
I agree but I know I’m biased with Oke being a Michigan boy and having seen Lalonde a lot and struggle while his was with Erie. He has looked much better since joining Saginaw though.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The one small thing that does give me SOME hope is that these players would run through a wall for Lazary. Quite a few points in the Soo series where they could have just packed up and been done. Game 6 normally is a death blow but we came right back with one our best performances in game 7. The kids are buying into Laz's system/mindset. Who knows.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
H

Get over it you guys keep dwelling on what happened the league demeed it wasn't any more supplemental dicipline. Good luck in the next round and I hope London smashes you guys
League determined that Parekh did nothing wrong. Get over it. See I can do it too.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
He was either out injured or playing injured for most of the series. In effect they got their suspension even if the league didn't hand down an official one.
He’s such an incredible player. Would you say he’s your mvp? Cause as an outsider that’s how it looks…. Seems like he’s the driver of your team

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
He’s such an incredible player. Would you say he’s your mvp? Cause as an outsider that’s how it looks…. Seems like he’s the driver of your team
I would say yes. Although you could make the case for someone like Beck because of his all around game. Parekh was our Red Tilson nominee so who am I to disagree with the team. He forces so many eyes onto him that it frees up other players. Even if he isn't scoring directly, he's affecting the play. Just need him to get healthy. Hope they don't try rush him back.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I would say yes. Although you could make the case for someone like Beck because of his all around game. Parekh was our Red Tilson nominee so who am I to disagree with the team. He forces so many eyes onto him that it frees up other players. Even if he isn't scoring directly, he's affecting the play. Just need him to get healthy. Hope they don't try rush him back.
He’s also an agitator so that draws attention. I think he’ll be an interesting player to watch in the NHL. A true new age dman

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Can make a case for Sapovaliv, Hache, and Beck as well.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I thought Misa was finally noticeable for the first time in the series. Also I thought last night Hay was really good, playing on the line but not crossing it, great on the dot, and overall making life very difficult for the Hounds.

Really, all of the Saginaw forwards are to be commended for the performance they put in.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
This was the downside of not getting the one seed. Full 7 vs a great Soo team. Got to hope we find some more in the tank but don’t love our chances against the knights especially if we are still banged up. Not an excuse though. Next man up.
Hunter teams play Hudson Bay hockey......match them poke/slash/cross check for each and you'll be fine!

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Right so why is that everyone goes back to BMB on oke league determined it was nothing

League saying it wasn’t suspension worthy, doesn’t make it ok. Still an illegal hit. Soo fans act like he’s a choir boy, gets a 4 minute double minor at the end of his final OHL game for spearing because he’s mad he lost. The St. Mary’s river must be on flood watch with all the tears coming from the north

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Right so why is that everyone goes back to BMB on oke league determined it was nothing
Oh sorry. My initial question was about the double minor for spearing at the 20:00 mark of a game and series that were over. I asked what happened because I didn’t want to imply that it was anything dirty. I didn’t bring up the Oke situation at all.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Oh sorry. My initial question was about the double minor for spearing at the 20:00 mark of a game and series that were over. I asked what happened because I didn’t want to imply that it was anything dirty. I didn’t bring up the Oke situation at all.

He speared Haight after the game when Saginaw was celebrating. There’s a video of the aftermath on the spirit fan Facebook page

Reactions: 190 is almost 206
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad