Saginaw Spirit 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
You guys have to be so excited. From what I have read on Michael Misa, he sounds like he will be a generational type player.

Reactions: bcspragu

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Usually all the jerseys would just say 22 for "2022 draft". Where do you see the number?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Usually all the jerseys would just say 22 for "2022 draft". Where do you see the number?
They also posted him holding up a custom one with 77 on it. Typically the first overall picks get that option before their official selection, a custom jersey with their new number. Special treatment for the new face of the organization

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It’s silly to try evaluating a kid based on just one game but he looked REALLY good in the OHL Cup Final. As a Flint fan I hope something happens like him discovering his true passion is poetry and deciding to focus on that somewhere between his first and second season in the O.

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Interesting enough his Jersey number looks to be 77. Couldnt get them to allow 66 im guessing
I spoke to him about that number and he said he was given his choice and decided against 66 and took 77 instead. He indicated that players avoid 66 in honor of Mario Lemieux.

Reactions: bcspragu

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Happy Draft day. Rounds 1-3 today. 4-15 on Saturday. Saginaw has picks 1 (Misa), 19, 24, and 54 today. Will be interesting if they take a swing on any of their picks considering we have basically a whole team coming back next year. I noticed we don't have a lot of right handed defensemen so I'd like to see them take one with their second first. If one of Ben Danford or Braedyn Rogers are available, those would be solid choices. Then maybe take a flyer with the second or third?

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

So from this I get the impression that they plan to have Misa, Parekh, and Stewart as full timers while Glavin spends a year in junior A/B developing. This makes sense considering that the blue line is potentially going to be very crowded next year. Good problem to have I guess. Will have to step up your game to get ice time.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Working out a VERY rough draft of what the roster might look like. What you guys think? I think Lennox gets moved and Schlueting as well if theres a market but college more likely option there. Need to maybe move a f forward and bring in an OA up front with size. Gonna need some jam to protect Misa and the rest of the skilled guys.

Bloom-Sap-Codd
Gervias-McNamara-Loukus
Misa-Stewart-Mangone
Phillips-Fink-Christy
O'Donnell-Klein-Grube

Mintyukov-Mancini
Jovanovic (what happened to this dude)-Smith (OA)
Hislop-Savard
Forgione-Parekh
Schlueting (OA)

Lennox (OA)
Oke
Fullerton
Gardner

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Working out a VERY rough draft of what the roster might look like. What you guys think? I think Lennox gets moved and Schlueting as well if theres a market but college more likely option there. Need to maybe move a f forward and bring in an OA up front with size. Gonna need some jam to protect Misa and the rest of the skilled guys.

Bloom-Sap-Codd
Gervias-McNamara-Loukus
Misa-Stewart-Mangone
Phillips-Fink-Christy
O'Donnell-Klein-Grube

Mintyukov-Mancini
Jovanovic (what happened to this dude)-Smith (OA)
Hislop-Savard
Forgione-Parekh
Schlueting (OA)

Lennox (OA)
Oke
Fullerton
Gardner

Mine is similar

Bloom-Sap-Mangone
Misa-McNamara-Loukas
Gervais-Stewart-Codd
Phillips-Klein-Christy
Fink O’Donnell

Mintyukov-Mancini
Smith-Forgione
Hislop-Parekh
Savard Jovanovic

Oke
Fullerton

-Lennox moved, Schlueting to university

-while Codd has shown flashes, after nearly a whole year (2 with pandemic) off, idk if he’s going to be in the top six right away. He might work his way up there though.

-Defense is super crowded. Guys will have to step up to stay in the lineup.

-I have Misa with McNamara and Loukas if only so that they give the kid a chance to succeed out the gate. McNamara was near PPG down the stretch and Loukas is a solid offensive threat. I think this is a deadly line combo for years.

-I have Sapovaliv in there now BUT, if they are able to be a quality 05 in the import draft, I think it’d be smart to move him for picks to restock while not damaging the offense too much.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
U18 draft tonight. Always a few guys that carve out solid OHL careers from this. Last year we got a solid forward in Mangone. Saginaw picks first for this draft as well. There's not a lot of hype to this draft but a quick once over on elite prospects and these are MAYBE a few targets Saginaw could be looking at:

Brennan Faulkner

Sebastian Bradshaw

Jalen Bianchet

Luka Benoit

James Jagodic

Adam Stipan

Lincoln Moore

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
And it's Lincoln Moore. We've got a few good player from northern ontario in the past. Looks like a guy that could be a quality depth player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad