OT: Sad News

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Thanks, Huffer. I know he still followed the Jets as well. He'll be missed on the boards. RIP.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Was he old or just really sick?

From what I can tell (mostly from Facebook and a friends blog/obituary), it was neither. He was definitely young. It appears he had a (very) sudden sickness.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
From what I can tell (mostly from Facebook and a friends blog/obituary), it was neither. He was definitely young. It appears he had a (very) sudden sickness.

That's just tragic. I didn't know him, but had read a lot of his posts and had one or two "conversations" if you call a few posts back and forth conversations.

Seemed like a great guy.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Shame that I never got to meet Kevin in person. He had talked about coming up to Winnipeg to catch a Jets game (he was also a musician, I think he had planned on incorporating it with a touring gig of some sort).

One of the friendliest users I've had the pleasure of interacting with on HF. RIP Kevin.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Kevin was a great guy and mentor around here. Losing the Thrashers really ripped his heart out and he reminded me how I felt in 1996. He handled the loss with great decorum, and was a fantastic help.

What a sad day.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Kevin was a great guy and mentor around here. Losing the Thrashers really ripped his heart out and he reminded me how I felt in 1996. He handled the loss with great decorum, and was a fantastic help.

What a sad day.

Can't second this enough.

I owe Kev for my moderator position, as he was the one that recommended me to the admins. He handled that incredibly difficult transition from HF Thrashers to HF Jets with pure class.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Kevin was one of the nicest guys I'd ever met. I'm still in shock after hearing this today, I spoke with him not too long ago and everything seemed fine.

RIP buddy, I'll miss you.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Can't second this enough.

I owe Kev for my moderator position, as he was the one that recommended me to the admins. He handled that incredibly difficult transition from HF Thrashers to HF Jets with pure class.

I didn't know Kev particularly well, a few discussions about players and ownership, but the bolded point is what I'll remember.

He handled a tough situation with class.
Emotions ran hot during the transition, but he was a voice of reason and respect.
Moderators have a tough job at the best of times, his handling of the transition was truly impressive.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
That really sucks to hear. He always seemed like a very mature and sensible guy, always liked him as a poster. I'm sure he was a terrific guy in real life aswell, and it really puts things into perspective when things like this happens, especially to someone so young.

RIP Kevin.

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Didn't interact with him much, myself, but I was very familiar with his posts and presence on this site. Really seemed like a stand up guy. Rest in peace, Kev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad