Sad news: Bob Suter (Ryan's dad) passes away of heart attack at age 57

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
My Mom died at 56 plain out of the blue, would have been 57 at the end of that year. Rough stuff.

Thoughts and prayers to the Suters and their extended family.

It would be nice if the Wild did something for him at the beginning of the season.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Thought this was pretty cool:

Minnesota Wild to attend Bob Suter's funeral as a team.

Star Tribune writer Michael Russo reported that Wild owner Craig Leipold has made arrangements to fly Wild players, staff and their families to the memorial services. Bob Suter was a scout for the Wild since 2012.

"It's the right thing to do," Wild forward Zach Parise told Russo. "It sounds cliché, but you have your team and you consider that your second family. I've known Ryan for a long time, and I'm glad that we're doing that. Even if we didn't have a plane, I'll bet you the whole team would drive. I'm just glad that we'll be there for Ryan and his family."

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Just read that this morning, it was also cool with Parise's comment about how even if they didn't get a plane, they'd all have driven out there.

Just shows how this organization is growing as a team too and is "bigger" than just a franchise.

Nice showing of respect to someone who gave so much to the game.

Slick Willy*

THis is just horrible news. My dad is 66 and my best friend and really my hero and I can't even imaging losing him right now, let alone 9 years earlier.

There is never a good time for something like this to happen but this might have been the *best* time considering he has time to grieve.

Really thoughts and prayers - this is horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad