OT: Sad Hayward

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
NHL Network just showed Game 6 from 1989 when Calgary beat the Habs. Near the end they show Patrick Roy over by the bench and in the background was something that made me chuckle....

picture.php

The look on his face :cry: makes me happy :D

Last edited:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
There was another shot of Hayward that I love. It's from the Kings cup run. At then end when they win the last game or are about to there is a shot of the ice that shows Hayward doing the sideline reporting. Just didn't look happy that the Kings won it. Warmed my heart.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
I hate to admit it but I met Hayward back in 1989 when the Canadiens practiced at my home rink in Costa Mesa where I played Bantams. On the other hand I also met Patrick Roy and Stefan Richier and had them sign my team jacket.

I know, Cool story bro.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
There was another shot of Hayward that I love. It's from the Kings cup run. At then end when they win the last game or are about to there is a shot of the ice that shows Hayward doing the sideline reporting. Just didn't look happy that the Kings won it. Warmed my heart.

Was he wearing his ring? If so, then it goes without saying he was holding the mic with that arm.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Speaking of Cup rings with the Habs (and I realize Andre "Red Light" Racicot was backing up Roy), they're replaying Game 5 from 1993. Ain't that a kick in the nuts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad