Post-Game Talk: Sabres

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
We sucked in OT. Were chasing the entire time. They didn't play Ed at all. Big body, great skater could have helped with our possession. I get it he's young but this is literally a meaningless game. Perfect time to get that experience. Chariot shouldn't be out in ot over ed that's poor coaching.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I’m bummed about the end result after a really fun game. I wish the league would just make OT longer. I think everyone is over the novelty of the shootout at this point.

Jonny Bergers had a solid game from the 4th line. Edvinsson looked realgud. As did Seider And Raymond.

Perron has been absolutely red hot. Very happy with his play this year.

None of that does anything. Sounds like Islander hockey which is f'n gross.

YOU’RE gross!

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Just add an over and back rule. Ken said something like "I don't know how you do that". Well just do it, it's a simple rule and it's guaranteed to work. I don't see the problem.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
We sucked in OT. Were chasing the entire time. They didn't play Ed at all. Big body, great skater could have helped with our possession. I get it he's young but this is literally a meaningless game. Perfect time to get that experience. Chariot shouldn't be out in ot over ed that's poor coaching.

What you watched there is a perfect example of how shitty OT is when you allow teams to retain possession retreating out of the offensive zone.

It wasn’t that we played bad as much as it was the Buffalo was content not attacking

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Razor played well and I like his game when he is involved more physically. He needs some more weight to throw around, but he seems like he could be a scrapper. Mo played well too. He has so many multiple point games, if he (and the team) can develop some more consistency it will be scary

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Razor played well and I like his game when he is involved more physically. He needs some more weight to throw around, but he seems like he could be a scrapper. Mo played well too. He has so many multiple point games, if he (and the team) can develop some more consistency it will be scary
Ray doesn't need weight. He's sturdy and uses his leverage well. You saw it all the time last season. For some reason he's been less willing to get physically engaged this season.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
What you watched there is a perfect example of how shitty OT is when you allow teams to retain possession retreating out of the offensive zone.

It wasn’t that we played bad as much as it was the Buffalo was content not attacking
In the regular season, I wonder if a 30 second shot clock in OT would help (with a delay of game penalty).

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Its clear as day that these kids need to fill and get their man strength. You definitely notice it up close and personal. I loved the compete though, so at least theyre willing. Id have to say this was the best game Ive seen in person, only thing to make it better would have been a win. Still, this game had a little bit of everything so it was a great night for the family!
PXL_20230407_003143394.jpg
PXL_20230406_232427240.jpg

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Its clear as day that these kids need to fill and get their man strength. You definitely notice it up close and personal. I loved the compete though, so at least theyre willing. Id have to say this was the best game Ive seen in person, only thing to make it better would have been a win. Still, this game had a little bit of everything so it was a great night for the family!View attachment 683267View attachment 683268

Instead of taking pictures, you should be covering the man all alone in front of Husso.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com

I watched the same OT. He is right and you're wrong.
Buffalo played a nearly perfect OT, doing everything but scoring.

All I can say is the #89 in Buffalo uniform should be Alexander Mogilny.

And when I see Chiarot in the offensive zone (where he doesn't belong), I can't help but think of Larionov or, worse case scenario, Abdelkader.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I watched the same OT. He is right and you're wrong.
Buffalo played a nearly perfect OT, doing everything but scoring.

All I can say is the #89 in Buffalo uniform should be Alexander Mogilny.

And when I see Chiarot in the offensive zone (where he doesn't belong), I can't help but think of Larionov or, worse case scenario, Abdelkader.

There’s truth to both sides. If Buffalo doesn’t use the full retreat leaving the zone, how many turnovers and changes in possession do you end up seeing?

Every time they fall back to the neutral zone and get a set of fresh legs on, it’s not like the Wings have the opportunity to relentlessly pressure the puck carrier due to the situation. If they do, there’s enough space to take advantage of a long pass or simply evading one check.

The Wings didn’t play brilliantly, but Buffalo used a pretty substantial loophole to their advantage

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Just add an over and back rule. Ken said something like "I don't know how you do that". Well just do it, it's a simple rule and it's guaranteed to work. I don't see the problem.
I have just about reached a breaking point with 3 on 3. It's just not good to watch. Over and back type of rule sounds decent, but what are we proposing happens when you do it? A penalty? A whistle and faceoff? Penalty seems too severe. Faceoff seems maybe not severe enough where teams may still voluntarily take it at times, and make OT more unwatchable

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I have just about reached a breaking point with 3 on 3. It's just not good to watch. Over and back type of rule sounds decent, but what are we proposing happens when you do it? A penalty? A whistle and faceoff? Penalty seems too severe. Faceoff seems maybe not severe enough where teams may still voluntarily take it at times, and make OT more unwatchable
Treat it like icing.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Looking over some stats and apparently Lindstrom is one of our most offensively gifted defensemen. He's second in points per 60 in all situations which is pretty amazing considering he gets 0 PP time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad