Post-Game Talk (GBU): Sabres vs. Jets 3/3/20 8:00 PM EST

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Let me paraphrase all the post game comments from management and staff:

"We got off to a slow start but really came on in the 2nd and 3rd periods. We'll learn from this pain and be ready to play Thursday."

Reactions: Chainshot

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Let me paraphrase all the post game comments from management and staff:

"We got off to a slow start but really came on in the 2nd and 3rd periods. We'll learn from this pain and be ready to play Thursday."
We will integrate this pain through our amygdalae and return tomorrow with marginally different synaptic responses to stress. We will be better people, hopefully, unless our central brain structures are damaged by the process, and in that case will require many years of therapy to return to half-functioning subjects. Go Bills.

Reactions: Chainshot and Ehran

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
We will integrate this pain through our amygdalae and return tomorrow with marginally different synaptic responses to stress. We will be better people, hopefully, unless our central brain structures are damaged by the process, and in that case will require many years of therapy to return to half-functioning subjects. Go Bills.
The Sabres always miss my amygdala and tickle my uvula until I ralph.

Reactions: valet and Chainshot

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
For well over 5 years now Sabres hockey in March has been atrocious. Yet every Oct. they win some games and everyone starts talking about how great they are. When will Sabres fans ever learn?

I wish people would fact check things before spouting the same drivel over and over like its gospel... Recency bias at it's brainwashing finest! We've had 2 seasons in the last 8 years with a .500 or better record in October and every other season we've essentially been dead last in the league.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I wish people would fact check things before spouting the same drivel over and over like its gospel... Recency bias at it's brainwashing finest! We've had 2 seasons in the last 8 years with a .500 or better record in October and every other season we've essentially been dead last in the league.
They don't get nearly enough credit for their consistency.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
October Record
15-16 season point% .417 5-7-0 22nd
16-17 season point% .556 4-3-2 15th
17-18 season point% .333 3-7-2 29th
18-19 season point% .538 6-5-2 18th
19-20 season point% .714 9-3-2 3rd

Reactions: Buffaloed

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
For the first time this season I decided to work rather than watch the game. I’m not exactly motivated to watch the last 15 games

Only 10 pages of posts for this game. That tells me I’m not the only one who is dialling it down because of this road trip.

Reactions: Fearnot

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
The one huge positive is that we don't have to pay Reinhart that much for the next 5 years in order to keep him away from being a 2C.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Reinhart looking for blood.

Just scanning through the thread and saw this comment!

I assume this references that monster hit Sam tried to throw in open ice--before completely whiffing. Effort and intent was still there though! I wondered at the time what got into him! Totally out of character!

Reactions: Samsonite23

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
What am I not remembering which makes you posit that?

There has been talk about this lately in terms of potential situations on the Bills and Sabres (in like the last year or 2) where Pegula arguably could have/should have bought out a K but we never did. Doesn't mean it is his policy b/c we don't know why no action was taken ultimately.

But I'm not the guy to suggest this theory. I'm just repeating it. I do find it interesting, because after throwing money around like a drunken sailor on shore leave for several years, Pegula has seemingly calmed down with that sort of thing.

Then there are the complaints of the building not being well maintained etc. The whole thing is part of a greater theory lately, at least by some, that Pegula is more of a cost-conscious owner than he initially suggested he would be.

He paid a lot of people NOT to work for him in Buffalo for several years there, for both teams. He seems to have calmed with that now.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There has been talk about this lately in terms of potential situations on the Bills and Sabres (in like the last year or 2) where Pegula arguably could have/should have bought out a K but we never did. Doesn't mean it is his policy b/c we don't know why no action was taken ultimately.

But I'm not the guy to suggest this theory. I'm just repeating it. I do find it interesting, because after throwing money around like a drunken sailor on shore leave for several years, Pegula has seemingly calmed down with that sort of thing.

Then there are the complaints of the building not being well maintained etc. The whole thing is part of a greater theory lately, at least by some, that Pegula is more of a cost-conscious owner than he initially suggested he would be.

He paid a lot of people NOT to work for him in Buffalo for several years there, for both teams. He seems to have calmed with that now.

There is also the idea that the freedom of his spending is directly proportional to the price of natural gas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad