Pre-Game Talk: Sabres vs Habs Game Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Since the only time in the last 3 matches I didn't do a Hamstard comic, we lost...

Here is a new one!

SubbanCelebration_zps536ac5fd.png

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Have tickets to the game and can't wait to see PK (assuming he's playing) and get a look at red-hot Vanek.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

well...if the leafs beat them...we should be able to beat them...although they did just light up boston. i don't know..either way its going to be boring...buffalo is soooooo boring to watch...the game is always slowed down against them...i don't know if its their players or ruff's style but it suuucks to watch

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I get so bored of watching Buffalo...

It's so bad, I only remember they're in our division when a game is coming up. Sometimes, I even forget they have a hockey team. That's how terribly bored I get. I don't get this with any other team.

That said, I think we bounce back from our last game's flop. 2-1 for us, regulation win.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Games so far this year are a crapshoot. The habs played a crappy first two periods of the season, failed to come back in the following period, beat two crap teams handily, barely beat two teams that looke iffy this year and got hammered by a hot team. The next game could go any which way especially with Buffalo coming off an emotional win over Boston.

Have to see what happens with Subban. Is he in shape? Do the other players resent him? Will Therrien do something crazy? Have to hope they can benefit from having Subban and Markov out there for pretty much the whole game and giving Kaberle and others easy minutes (how does Kaberle have 0 points this year? How is he a plus? I though he looked good at times against Jersey, am I losing my mind? Why do I keep posting tonight? Is it because I'm drunk?). Deep sigh. Carry on....

SantinoFasulo

Jan 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I agree the Subban story is one to follow. Either way, he looks in shape an Therrien has to use him to alleviate some of the stress off Markov.

It can only help the team.

Now if he's still an issue in the dressing room, well then that's another story for another day.

Should be a good one tomorrow.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
According to Stubbs, PK seemed winded after the wind sprints. Strength fitness for sure, but cardio may not be, quite game ready.

SantinoFasulo

Jan 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Everyone was winded after the sprints. It was a 90 minutes practice and they ended off with Wind Sprints!

He also showed Max Pacioretty gasping for air and he's probably the most in shape player on the team.

It's a normal thing. PK will take a few games to get into proper game shape, but he'll only get there if he starts playing. Whether they wait to put him now or later doesn't really make a difference.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Everyone was winded after the sprints. It was a 90 minutes practice and they ended off with Wind Sprints!

He also showed Max Pacioretty gasping for air and he's probably the most in shape player on the team. Www

It's a normal thing. PK will take a few games to get into proper game shape, but he'll only get there if he starts playing. Whether they wait to put him now or later doesn't really make a difference.

That's an interesting point. I don't see a coordinated off season training program. Seems like everyone is training for strength, but not necessarily other equally important fitness goals.

Lotta of shots of PK's guns and stories of Patch hauling a half ton sled. Are they working on reflexes? Skating? Shooting?

I would think it was advantageous and intelligent to help tailor every players off season training to their specific needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad