GDT: Sabres vs Avs 10:00PM EST TV: TNT Radio: WGR

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I actually like clifton the most when he’s aggressive in the offensive zone. The farthest away from the Dzone he physically can be

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s a never ending cycle. They’re inconsistent because they’re such a young team. Granato is here because he’s a good development coach. Cant wait to get younger again next year.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That replay wasnt actually in slo motion. That’s as fast as UPL moves latterly

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Benson can actually make those blind behind the back passes that Krebs and others always screw up.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Benson has earned everything he's gotten, he's already a line driver in this league.

Latterly? Who picked him up after the Leafs dropped him?

Reactions: HOOats

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Bottom two are no surprise. Shame they don’t have a better option scratched Because the coach would rather make the wrong choice than a hard one

At this point sending Benson to WJC would be a savvy tank move.

Fire Granato after this road trip.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Full team effort on this loss. Maybe it isn’t fair, but I place the most blame on UPL. For as bad as the Sabres first period was, the Avs second period was similarly bad. The difference was our goalie gave up 3 goals (and two were pretty weak IMO) and their goalie gave up none.

At the same time, you aren’t going to win many games 1-0 and the PP still can’t buy a goal.

Reactions: dortt

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Replay of everything except the penalty of cou
It’s a never ending cycle. They’re inconsistent because they’re such a young team. Granato is here because he’s a good development coach. Cant wait to get younger again next year.

Look its way more than what is seen , more than simply saying they suck aa the margin is soo close. Makes truth easier to mess w

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Its like this box with in. When they figure out frequency hacks to overcome emotions and altitude and twenty other things that had them behind and chasing. Like mild droogs or food anti inflammatory to narcotics for frequency as a group if simply anger and team arent working w complete honesty. I'm not in the room. They act fooked w and drugged til its three nothing and over

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Just home from the game and haven't read thru the thread yet.....

Realize no one is likely engaged right now so all I will say is:

1. So glad I didn't have to pay for tickets to the game

2. There are a lot WNY transplants in Colorado who came to this game with their Sabre gear on who had almost ZERO to cheer about.

3. The team wasn't sufficiently prepared to play tonight. Totally dominated in the 1st and 3rd periods.

4. 13 mf'ing years w/o playoffs is too mf'ing long! A proud franchise has been run into the ground by inept ownership and management.

Reactions: slip and sabremike

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Make that a third— they've been playing well enough that I have at least some hope it'll be a fun game. Hopefully as much fan as last year when I sat next to a guy who seemed to have an existential meltdown every time the Thompson had the puck.
Lots of Sabre fans in attendance. Maybe .25 or .30 of the total attendance?

Not much to cheer about however.

I can see why the Sabres home rink isn't packed regularly with Sabre fans.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
30 games in. 52 left.

We need a .654 points percentage in our last 52 games to have a chance at the playoffs.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Just home from the game and haven't read thru the thread yet.....

Realize no one is likely engaged right now so all I will say is:

1. So glad I didn't have to pay for tickets to the game

2. There are a lot WNY transplants in Colorado who came to this game with their Sabre gear on who had almost ZERO to cheer about.

3. The team wasn't sufficiently prepared to play tonight. Totally dominated in the 1st and 3rd periods.

4. 13 mf'ing years w/o playoffs is too mf'ing long! A proud franchise has been run into the ground by inept ownership and management.
Still up here on the left coast, coach.

How many times have we seen terrible starts like tonight crater the possibility of a win or even a point this season? Who's to blame for that, players or coaches or both?

I'd rather not dwell on the past. This team has lots of talent, with upside, there are many promising players in the pipeline, there's a full cupboard of picks. Unlike many teams, we have cap to play with, at least for now. I'm confident in the future.

But ffs, must we always live in hope of a better tomorrow and never expect some modest success TODAY? A playoff berth sure would be nice.

After that shit-show tonight, I'm done with the Granato coaching staff. If Adams can't even clean house there, in a desperate attempt to salvage the season, someone needs to get his happy-talk ass out of here too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad