TSN: Sabres use compliance buyout on Christian Ehrhoff/Signs 1 Year w/Pens

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Holy **** ! I would have thought they could have traded him for something decent but....This would completely clear the future recapture issues and ensure the tank.....

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Guess we will sign a FA, I can't imagine a defense (this year) with Myers, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Weber, Ruhwedel, McCabe.

Zero veteran presence especially if Tallinder and McBain are not back.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
If he has a NM clause and if he played hardball with TM trying to trade him then it may have had to come to this.....

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Wow!!

Guess the recapture risk was just too high and he didn't want to be here.

He's now the #1 D-man on the market, easily.

Holy crap we only have 1 top 4 D on the roster and Murray is listening to offers for him :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
If Ehrhoff retired when the contract dropped to 1 million, wouldn't the recapture hit only be around 3 million?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie - BUF has initiated compliance buyout procedures on Christian Ehrhoff. Not official just yet but BUF has begun the process.

Edit - opps didn't see where the OP got his info from - sorry.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie - Presuming paperwork on d-man Ehrhoff processed as expected, that's two offensive threats - SJ Marty Havlat bought out - added to UFA list.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie - I'm sure @capgeek will have details but BUF obviously feared potential cap recapture penalties if Ehrhoff retired before contract expired.

Well another jersey of the person who sits next to me bits the dust. We haven't had much luck this year with Jerseys (Miller - both of us - Vanek, Leino, Ott - hopefully Myers sticks around otherwise I'm down to Ennis and Weber!)

ZeroPT*

really not a fan of this move.

What is TM thinking? Does he have a back up plan? We need to reach the floor and I don't buy for one second he couldn't have been traded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad