Speculation: Sabres Talk - Proposals, Speculation, Roster-shaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Sure, if you consider having highest percentage of even strength goals being scored against while he's on the ice of any player in the NHL fine, I agree.

14th worst you mean?

Do you expect the on ice save % to hold over a season? I don't.
Do you think that Vanek hanging back (we've benefited from those counter attacks) has anything to do with it?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
14th worst you mean?

Do you expect the on ice save % to hold over a season? I don't.
Do you think that Vanek hanging back (we've benefited from those counter attacks) has anything to do with it?

I don't know. Vanek has a positive +/- and a positive corsi. Hodgson is negative in both. Hodgson is truly bad in his own end statistically. Vigneault wouldn't put him on the ice in defensive spots, and it looks like he had a clue. If ROR came here for Ennis, I would put him with Vanek and Poms because they see top competition. I'd hope that Hodgson could create enough on his own to replace Ennis, but I'm not convinced.

This has him listed as the worst, not 14th.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...s&minutes=125&type=goal&sort=A20&sortdir=DESC

Last edited:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I don't know. Vanek has a positive +/- and a positive corsi. Hodgson is negative in both. Hodgson is truly bad in his own end statistically. Vigneault wouldn't put him on the ice in defensive spots, and it looks like he had a clue. If ROR came here for Ennis, I would put him with Vanek and Poms because they see top competition. I'd hope that Hodgson could create enough on his own to replace Ennis, but I'm not convinced.

That would be silly...

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Ennis and McNabb for O'Reilly and a pick/prospect.

Gerbe and Leopold for Boyle and ______.

You lose some already-lacking secondary scoring but you shore up the center situation and add some defensive chops to the forward group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad