Sabres Survivor Playoffs — The Finals — Game 5 vs PIT (4/11/2015)

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
SABRES SURVIVOR PLAYOFFS
Congratulations to the three users who have advanced to the finals! The final round will be a three way battle to determine this years Sabre Survivor winner. Previous playoff rounds: 1st Round = three games; 2nd Round = three games; semi-finals = five games; and finals = five games.

PLAYOFF RULES: Each remaining contestant can only select a player once per playoff round (e.g., Ennis, Hodgson, Stafford is valid, while Ennis, Hodgson, Ennis is now invalid). You also may not make the same entry as your opponent in the same game (e.g., If Arthur's entry is Ennis for Saturday, ZGirgs28 must select any other player, but can select Ennis in Game 2 or 3, while Arthur cannot). Incorrect selections do not result in your elimination and neither does failing to make a selection. Instead, the contestant with the most correct selections in their H2H series advances to the next round. Tiebreakers are as follows: total goals, total points, total shots, total +/-. For tiebreaker purposes, a Shut Out pick will not result in anything outside of being a correct pick.

FIRST PICK (HOME ICE) ADVANTAGE: (A.) If two non-winners meet, home ice advantage goes to the user with the higher seeding; (B.) If two winners meet, home ice advantage goes to the user with the higher seeding; and (C.) If one winner and one non-winner meet, home ice advantage goes to the winner regardless of seeding. An opponent is free to make their selection once the user with first pick advantage submits an entry or if that advantage has expired. That advantage expires seven hours prior to game time, with deadline times in EST as follows: 5:30am for 12:30pm games; 10:00am for 5:00pm games; 12:00pm for 7:00pm games; 12:30pm for 7:30pm games; 1:00pm for 8:00pm games; 2:00pm for 9:00pm games; and 2:30pm for 9:30pm games.

FINALS SCHEDULE:
Game 1: vs CHI, 4/3/15, 7:00PM Box Score
Game 2: @NYI, 4/4/15, 7:00PM Box Score
Game 3: vs CAR, 4/6/15, 7:00PM Box Score
Game 4:@CBJ, 4/10/15, 7:00PM Box Score
Game 5: vs PIT, 4/11/15, 7:00PM Box Score

(12) LaxSabre — (Larsson, Ristolainen, Ennis, Moulson, Gionta)
(17) Ralonzo — (Ennis, Larsson, Ristolainen, Gionta, Moulson)
(22) Cap'n* — (Moulson, Shutout, Gionta, Ennis, Larsson)
Cap'n wins series 3-2-2

x = First pick advantage for games 1, 2, and 5
y = First pick advantage for game 3
z = First pick advantage for game 4
Green = Correct Pick
Red = Incorrect Pick
* = Regular Season Game Winner

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Sorry guys, that wasn't gamesmanship, lost track of days as I'm on spring break.

Actually your pick of Matt Moulson would be honored as the deadline for Ralonzo to pick was 12:00 pm ET and you made your orginial post (with the pick) at 1:04 pm ET.
Once the deadline passes - the other finalists (myself/you) can go ahead and make their picks - first come - first served.

My pick for tonight - Johan Larsson.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Actually your pick of Matt Moulson would be honored as the deadline for Ralonzo to pick was 12:00 pm ET and you made your orginial post (with the pick) at 1:04 pm ET.
Once the deadline passes - the other finalists (myself/you) can go ahead and make their picks - first come - first served.

My pick for tonight - Johan Larsson.

Cap'n actually had first pick advantage as he was the only regular season winner to make the finals....

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I thought I only had first pick in game 4, Lax?

Guess by process of elimination I gotta go Ennis

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm an idiot. No Moulson tonight...

I thought for sure you knew he was sick heading into the game and was waiting to see if he would dress for warmups before making the switch to another player.
Now watch Moulson comes back say on Saturday or on Monday, gets a point and worse scores.

Well yours truly has a win in the first game on a goal scored by Johan Larsson.
Ralonzo gets a win too as Tyler Ennis got an assist on that Larsson goal.
Yours truly has early advantage via the tie-breakers as my guy scored.

Last edited:

Cap'n

Jun 8, 2007
Anderson, SC
I took full advantage of my first pick advantage...

Gonna go for the Hail Mary to get back into this match.

Focused Isles
Halak in net with 1.25 GAA vs Sabres (something like last 10 games)
Deflated Sabres squad after last nights blown game
Tired legs

I'll take Shutout (unless he gets sick...)

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Nice! Love when Tank success and Survivor Playoff success coincide!

82hd6.jpg

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
If I had picked Rasmussen I'd have every tie-break, because he's apparently replacing Ristolainen this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad