Sabres Survivor Playoffs — Semi-Finals — Game 5 vs TOR (4/1/2015)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Good News (Survivor Game only) - Larsson gets an assist on a Moulson PPG early in the third period.
That assist probably gives me a spot in the finals. Bad News (outside of the Survivor Game) - it tied the game up at 3.

Update - 10:25 pm ET - Yours truly and Capt'n won our semifinal matchups and thus are heading to the finals.
Kudos goes out to Capt'n - a perfect 5 for 5 semifinal round.
The third man in the three-way dance finals will be decided via tie-breakers as Afino/Ralonzo finished up tied 4-4.

Last edited:

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Just so we both can sleep, I did an unofficial tally

Ral) 2 goals, 5 points, 12 shots, +6
Afino) 2 goals, 4 points, 17 shots, -2

I;ve had a few pops tho, so we'll let someone with a legal BAC certify

Cap'n

Jun 8, 2007
Anderson, SC

Kudos goes out to Capt'n - a perfect 5 for 5 in the Semifinals

I hesitate to even point this out bc I'm certain to jinx it but I haven't gotten a pick wrong since we started the playoffs. 10 for 10 including a shutout! I didn't make a selection to end round two since it was already secured.

For the finals, While I'm the lowest seed I'm the only one who won a regular season match so will I have first choice advantage in games 1 and 4?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I hesitate to even point this out bc I'm certain to jinx it but I haven't gotten a pick wrong since we started the playoffs.
10 for 10 including a shutout! I didn't make a selection to end round two since it was already secured.

For the finals - while I'm the lowest seed I'm the only one who won a regular season match so will I have first choice advantage in games #1 and #4?

LaxSabre - Opps! I should have went back and look at the first and second rounds to see how you did - Triple Kudos for being perfect for the playoffs!

First Pick (Home Ice) Advantage - (A) If two non-winners meet - home ice advantage goes to the user with the higher seeding.
(B) If two winners meet - home ice advantage goes to the user with the higher seeding.
(C) If one winner and one non-winner meet - home ice advantage goes to the person whose the winner - regardless of seeding.
LaxSabre - Winner = someone whose won at least one of the regular season matches.

LaxSabre - I would assume whats listed above is still correct even if there is a third player being added so (C) comes into play as even though your the lowest seed remaining-your the only one person remaining to win a regular season match so you will get first choice in Game #1 and Game #4 or Game #5.

If what Ralonzo posted is correct and he advances to the finals via the second tie-breaker in his match vs Afino - I'll be the second seed and get first choice in Game #2 and either Game #4 or Game #5. Ralonzo will be the third seed and get the first choice in Game #3 only.

Last edited:

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I will be updating and making a new thread within the hour. Thanks for some of the work already!

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Just so we both can sleep, I did an unofficial tally

Ral) 2 goals, 5 points, 12 shots, +6
Afino) 2 goals, 4 points, 17 shots, -2

I;ve had a few pops tho, so we'll let someone with a legal BAC certify

Correct tiebreaker results:

Afino: 2G, 4P, 17SOG, +0
Ralonzo: 2G, 6P, 12SOG, +6

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
LaxSabre - Opps! I should have went back and look at the first and second rounds to see how you did - Triple Kudos for being perfect for the playoffs!

First Pick (Home Ice) Advantage - (A) If two non-winners meet - home ice advantage goes to the user with the higher seeding.
(B) If two winners meet - home ice advantage goes to the user with the higher seeding.
(C) If one winner and one non-winner meet - home ice advantage goes to the person whose the winner - regardless of seeding.
LaxSabre - Winner = someone whose won at least one of the regular season matches.

LaxSabre - I would assume whats listed above is still correct even if there is a third player being added so (C) comes into play as even though your the lowest seed remaining-your the only one person remaining to win a regular season match so you will get first choice in Game #1 and Game #4 or Game #5.

If what Ralonzo posted is correct and he advances to the finals via the second tie-breaker in his match vs Afino - I'll be the second seed and get first choice in Game #2 and either Game #4 or Game #5. Ralonzo will be the third seed and get the first choice in Game #3 only.

Regarding who gets pick in what round, I searched the thread from last year and followed his format. The highest seed in the finals gets first pick in rounds 1, 2, and 5. The 2nd seed game 3, the 3rd seed game 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad