Sabres Survivor Playoffs — 2nd Round — Game 3 vs NSH (3/21/15)

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Shutout!!!!! unless my opponent takes shutout, i dont get first pick this game. in that case, ennis... but i sure am rooting for a shutout!

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
How exactly does the tie-breaker work if I pick 'shutout' the next round and the Sabres don't score? Will it count as a "goal"?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Man, my two playoff round victories come as a result of my opponent not making a pick in what turned out to be the deciding game.
Of course I'll take the wins but it would have been nice to earn them and not get them by default.
(Hopefully nothing happened to my opponents outside the computer and they just forgot to come online and make their picks.)

Last edited:

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
How exactly does the tie-breaker work if I pick 'shutout' the next round and the Sabres don't score? Will it count as a "goal"?

I don't want to be the decider of that, but I think that would be fair for tiebreaking procedures... can we get other opinions?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think in the past that picking shutout was allowed but you would not get anything towards the tiebreakers so it's much riskier.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I don't want to be the decider of that, but I think that would be fair for tiebreaking procedures... can we get other opinions?
It's just that if I pick shutout and it doesn't count as a goal, I instantly lose irrespective of the actual result in the game, because I can't possibly beat New Sabres Captain anymore, as he picked a player who scored in the previous round.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
It's just that if I pick shutout and it doesn't count as a goal, I instantly lose irrespective of the actual result in the game, because I can't possibly beat New Sabres Captain anymore, as he picked a player who scored in the previous round.

Even if shutout was worth a goal, you're kind of screwed in the rest of the tiebreakers. You get nothing with shutout pick or the no pick in regards to total shots, so I think overall you're best chance at advancing was picking a player who netted 2 goals and his pick got nothing.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Even if shutout was worth a goal, you're kind of screwed in the rest of the tiebreakers. You get nothing with shutout pick or the no pick in regards to total shots, so I think overall you're best chance at advancing was picking a player who netted 2 goals and his pick got nothing.
That's not true. If shutout counted as a goal, I'd be in front, because Larsson put 5 shots on the net when I picked him, which means I'd win the 2nd round overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad