Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Kevin Porter and Kyle Criscuolo (Both 2yrs + 2 way)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
So you want people to just be given spots because that person might, maybe, kinda lose some motivation because they aren't yet in the show? As in, they haven't done enough to make it yet but hey, let's reward them anyway? For ****ing real? Time for me to take a break because that is a ridiculous assumption and requires more coffee to even mildly digest.

How about the concept that you want a player who you think won't work as hard in the AHL to be on your NHL team?

It's like a walking face palm.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Rodriguez showed he could fill the role required of him when he was called up. Bailey had a host of opportunities on the wing with Jack Eichel of all people and couldn't get it done yet.

Would you be surprised if ERod was not with buffalo next season.

The baileys and Faschings of this world are debatable but IMO ERod looked like he belonged...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How about the concept that you want a player who you think won't work as hard in the AHL to be on your NHL team?

It's like a walking face palm.

Yep. Coffee in hand, I'm still shaking my head at it. I just don't get it. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would you be surprised if ERod was not with buffalo next season.

The baileys and Faschings of this world are debatable but IMO ERod looked like he belonged...

I think Rodriguez has an opportunity to make the team with how he finished the season. He may simply be another version of Brian Flynn -- speedy, pesky 4th liner -- but it seems like he should be in the mix for the start of the year.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
It's cute how you guys all keep trying to explain things - it's apparently like explaining doing your taxes to a three year old with Nick Jr. in the background. :laugh:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Dude, stop. Your opinion on this is just flat out backwards and wrong

When is it not?

You want an NHL call up? Play well in the lower league.

You want an NHL roster spot, unseat someone who you are better than on that NHL club. And do it every single shift, so the coach, the GM, the owner, and the fans take notice.

THAT'S how you earn it. Silly rabbit.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Why do you think people are quicker to pencil Rodrigues into the lineup then Bailey or Baptiste? And why were people annoyingly overreacting to Carrier being let out?

Because they both showed you how you earn spots in the lineup. It does happen.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think Rodriguez has an opportunity to make the team with how he finished the season. He may simply be another version of Brian Flynn -- speedy, pesky 4th liner -- but it seems like he should be in the mix for the start of the year.

I could see him making the team also because they want to develop Bailey and Baptiste in Rochester if they are viewed as having higher ceilings.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I could see him making the team also because they want to develop Bailey and Baptiste in Rochester if they are viewed as having higher ceilings.

Yep, it keeps the skill guys in skill roles while plugging in a slightly older guy to be roster fill. We saw he could plug-and-play in a bunch of spots, would think that confidence may carry over into camp and give him a boost going into the season.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
We have 0 prospects who are 'overripe' Detroit style. Maybe Rodrigues. Maybe. They all have a lot to work on. There is nothing wrong with them having to be great to earn a spot out of camp. Bailey, Baptiste, Carrier, and Rodrigues got a lot of combined action last season due to injuries. Opportunity will come.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
As of now Matt Moulson has a place starting in the Sabres top 9. If Bailey and baptize can't unseat him, they don't deserve to be in buffalo.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
As of now Matt Moulson has a place starting in the Sabres top 9. If Bailey and baptize can't unseat him, they don't deserve to be in buffalo.

I agree but I think the decision will be more about where Botts/Housely think their game is than if they are better than Moulson. As well as how much ice time and what their role might by in the NHL. Like Botts said about Ullmark , he wants his young guys playing a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad