Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Brett Murray/ 1yr 750 AAV

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I can’t think of anything that makes less of a difference in the entire world. Even stepping on a butterfly theoretically has more consequences.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Great Roch guy and call up. Has size few in the org do, and he got here the hard way. Tough not to respect that.
Quality payday for a guy who is not that far removed from coming to camp as an unsigned invitee and earning an AHL-level deal. He's a serious underdog, always nice to see someone getting a reward for their work and persistence.

Love his size. Wish he would use it. Good for him but unless he wakes up at the NHL level he is destined to be a lifer in the AHL. Nothing wrong with that. Better way to make a living than my office job for sure but I see so much potential with him and then he plays so soft up here. It's rather disappointing.
Hopefully the bulb goes on.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Love his size. Wish he would use it. Good for him but unless he wakes up at the NHL level he is destined to be a lifer in the AHL. Nothing wrong with that. Better way to make a living than my office job for sure but I see so much potential with him and then he plays so soft up here. It's rather disappointing.
Hopefully the bulb goes on.

It's not a lightbulb, it's the footspeed to catch people to hit. He's not able to hit what he can't catch, so he doesn't.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
It's not how he plays regardless

My point. He doesn't use his obvious size to maximize his skill. It's kind of odd. And to Chain's point that he doesn't use his footspeed, that makes me think of Lucic. Please bear with me, I'm not comparing Murray to Lucic but you get my point I hope. Size must impede speed guys or they get blown up. Lybushkin, positive I misspelled that, but he will help in a large way and be kind of infectious. I love that signing. Perhaps it's a guy like him that learns how to angle people if he can't catch them and others around him learn the technique.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's not how he plays regardless

He's slow and it limits his effectiveness. He's not usually able to catch up to an escaping defenseman to rub the guy out. Part of it no doubt is temperament since he doesn't do it in the AHL either where he plays more of a net front, big man game instead.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
He looked to be a little angrier during the Calder cup run last season. If he can get more foot speed (I’m doubtful at this point)he could potentially carve out a 13th forward role.

Will have to see

Reactions: Buffaloed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad