Proposal: Sabres-Sharks

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Zach Bogosian for Paul Martin as a base.

Sabres need to change up the core. Bogosian is silk a part of that group, but hasn’t been able to stay on the ice much. He has a cap hit of $5.1M for 2yrs.

Sharks need a right handed defenseman. Bogosian fits their style of play. Martin is older, and left handed, and isn’t among their top-6 defenseman anyways.

Basically a change of scenery deal. Buffalo fans have brought up buying out Bogosian. If they don’t like Martin after a year they can buy him out, or just bury him.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Zach Bogosian for Paul Martin as a base.

Sabres need to change up the core. Bogosian is silk a part of that group, but hasn’t been able to stay on the ice much. He has a cap hit of $5.1M for 2yrs.

Sharks need a right handed defenseman. Bogosian fits their style of play. Martin is older, and left handed, and isn’t among their top-6 defenseman anyways.

Basically a change of scenery deal. Buffalo fans have brought up buying out Bogosian. If they don’t like Martin after a year they can buy him out, or just bury him.
Or the Sharks could just buy out Martin and not have to worry about Bogosian's contract next year. Zero reason for sharks to do this deal.

aircobra

May 4, 2013
No thanks. Martin only has a year left on his contract and is a possibility to get bought out this off-season. No reason for the Sharks to add a few hundred thousand this year and 5 million next just to get rid of him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Or the Sharks could just buy out Martin and not have to worry about Bogosian's contract next year. Zero reason for sharks to do this deal.

Actually, one could make the argument that Bogosian would be better to buy out depending on what's important to you in the buyout. Martin's buyout is a shade over 2 mil and 1.4 mil the next two years whereas Bogosian would be a shade over 1.1 mil the next two years and then 2 mil the following two years. Honestly, I'd think about it. If the Sabres were willing to give the Sharks an asset that would make the extra 5 million in actual dollars worth it, I think they ought to consider it.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yes. I don’t even know what condition Martin is in.

Yes all day from Buffalo.

Edit:

So, after researching, we’re trading bogo for an older bogo, but with 1 year left instead of 2. I probably still do it.

I identity bogo as a pretty big cultural problem in buf (part of which isn’t entirely his fault)

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No thank you. Martin only has one year left on his deal and he can be stashed in the AHL next year like he was for much of this year.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Ok. My fault, for some odd reason I thought Martin also had two years left on his deal. So maybe Buffalo adds something small? A 2019 4th or 5th Round Pick.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Ok. My fault, for some odd reason I thought Martin also had two years left on his deal. So maybe Buffalo adds something small? A 2019 4th or 5th Round Pick.

No offense man, but it would take a bit more than that to get me to take in Bogosian. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad