GDT: Sabres @ Sharks, 7:30 PM Pacific

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Some Sabres notes...

Eichel continues to be somewhat of a disappointment. $10 million player, now with the C, but isn't the player Sabres fans know he can be nearly often enough. Has great chemistry with Reinhart, but we haven't seen much of it this season.

Tage Thompson is an interesting young player acquired in the ROR trade - huge, skates well, fantastic shot, good hands. Tries to do too much by himself and often looks lost. Needs maturing time in the AHL.

Dahlin is impressive, but not dazzling. Has really focused on being defensively responsible, after being burned with risky moves in pre-season. Effortless skater. Most Sabres fans already consider him our best d-man. This is called "damned with faint praise".

Overall the team is disappointing. Only the most wildly optimistic fan was hoping for a playoff run, which would require a 35+ point improvement, but we were expecting much more than the train wreck we saw in Vegas. It's just such a disjointed team, and the favorite culprit is coach Housley. It's reached the point where some are even waxing nostalgic about Disco Dan. Hard to imagine Botts firing his own coaching hire early in his 2nd season, but Housley appears doomed.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What? Brodie too big-time to do a preshow broadcast from outside? Does he not leave his dressing room for anything less than a temperature-controlled 72 degree studio? :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"It's not just our fans that love them. We were at the Rangers game and saw Stealth jereseys in the stands."

Because there totally aren't Sharks fans outside of the bay area, yeah?

Thanks, Sharks VP guy. I guess I shouldn't be here since if I showed up at a Canucks/Sharks game in Vancouver with a Sharks jersey on I would be classified as a Canucks person wearing a Sharks jersey for some reason.

Reactions: drunksage

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
3-1 sabres

Suomela
Eichel (ppg), Sheary, Pominville (EN)

But the sharks out shoot them 38-21

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That's how I always saw you.