Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Olofsson/ 2yrs 4.75mil AAV

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Adams really just said let’s run it back this season.

I wonder if there will be any new additions?
I doubt it tbh, figured we wouldve went the trade route at the draft but didnt happen. Were gonna have to overpay for quality UFA in Buffalo and I dont see KA doing that. Looks like were going the super slow development route with our guys

I figured wed have a chance to be a playoff contender next year but perhaps management sees that in 2 years which means well be active a year from now

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
In two years we'll have Quinn, Savoie, Peterka, Rosén, a few Russians maybe, Kulich, maybe even Huglen and/or Constantini. Or we can just re-up with Olofsson if he wants to stay. Gives us a lot more flexibility. Good deal.

Reactions: jmelm

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I would have liked to see a 3 year deal for that AAV. Not crazy about him being a UFA in 2yrs but I have a feeling he’s not in the Sabres long term plans anyway.

Not a bad AAV. Was hoping for more like $4M on a 2yr deal but I can live with this.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
KA has not
You know I've expressed a lot of skepticism about the team wanting to commit long term to Olofsson. Additionally, Olofsson wants to bet on himself with a contract that will expire as the cap will be about to go up. Smart move for both sides.

I also wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that Olofsson still gets traded now that there's cost certainty, like BOS did with DeBrusk to make him more tradeable before he rescinded his trade request after Cassidy was fired. I'm not saying I think a trade is the most likely scenario, just that it wouldn't shock me.
KA has not committed to ANYONE long term. Going to be interesting to see what he does with Thompson and term.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Worried about Sabres' Team Eeyore. Please, please, please stay away from sharp objects and windows above the 1st floor.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I like everything but the term. The money was kind of set by what he would get in arbitration. I would have prefered 3-4 years. I expect him to continue producing, and think the extra years would be a good deal for us if we still need him, and very tradeable if our cheeper options prove themselves.

B+

Reactions: brian_griffin

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
He would have been a UFA next year I believe, so this buys a UFA year.
Yes.
I like everything but the term. The money was kind of set by what he would get in arbitration. I would have prefered 3-4 years. I expect him to continue producing, and think the extra years would be a good deal for us if we still need him, and very tradeable if our cheeper options prove themselves.

B+
Would be interesting to know if Olofsson wanted more term, and BUF balked, or wanted more money and this was a compromise (i.e., BUF telling Olofsson to bet on himself), or BUF wanted more term and Oloffson balked or BUF didn't want to go over $5M per.

I think it's a good compromise deal, if it was a compromise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad