Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Lukas Rousek to a 2 year deal ($775K AAV, Year 1: 2-way; Year 2: 1-way), Recalled 11/2

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Are we looking at Rousek and Kozak anchoring the 4th-line in 2024/25 after Girgs and Okie's 1-year deals are done?

thekenneth

Jan 25, 2013
I think Jost will sign another one year. They'll probably move ollofson for picks or a D

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I am counting on him being the Zemgus replacement in the near future

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Found this article on the Czech website that was posted about Kulich. Says he was surprised by the sudden timing of the Sabres' contract but was happy though he had multiple offers in Europe. Very happy the second year is one-way.

How did it all happen? Even on Tuesday morning, when we spoke, the signature seemed far away.
"You're right. At that moment, I didn't know about anything. It wasn't until late in the afternoon that my agent wrote me that something was starting to happen. In the evening I went to dinner with my parents. At that moment, I received a draft contract. We discussed it straight away, finished eating, and after dinner I signed it. We sent it back to them and Buffalo registered it right away. It wasn't finished until sometime around midnight."

So really quickie. How did you sleep?
"Stupid! (laughs) It was terribly hot, so I woke up at six o'clock. I picked up my cell phone, full of messages and congratulations. The Sabres released it during the night and made it known. I thought you were really fast. Very nice awakening."

The club has previously told you that they will consider your contract proposal after the draft.
"Exactly. That's why we didn't expect it at all. All of a sudden, it landed on my desk. The agent sent me to look into it, take a moment to think about it and let him know. We agreed it would be best to stay in Buffalo."

What did Dad Martin say to you about the draft contract?
"Dad was all for it. He told me to sign it and stay. That I have the ideal age to fight for it. It can be played. Above all, the requirement for the second contract to be one-way was extremely important to us. That came true."

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Missed this signing while I was overseas (wasn't in the Czech Republic, but close).

as to an earlier poster pondering the last 6th-rounder (Rousek 2019) who has panned out so well... maybe Olofsson 2014 Rd 7 ?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

SmartSelect_20230830_232137_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad