GDT: Sabres @ Rangers 7 PM EST TV: MSG Radio: WGR550

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Prediction: 5-1 bad guys. It's a repeat of game 1 where they stifle us with the trap. Levi lets in 4, and we give up an empty netter.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

MSG is the most overrated shithole in the entire country.

I'd agree but I've never heard anyone say any good things about it, so I didn't realize it was rated highly. The stadium sucks but the convenience is hard to beat for me.

I work with a guy who has has season tickets at MSG since like '92, and he's 6'4" -- could you imagine? I'm 5'9" and have a very hard time fitting in those seats.

Reactions: sabremike

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The McDermott discourse has made me think about Granato and Adams. If McDermott were to be fired the reason would be that he couldn’t win important games. Granato’s reason would be that he has zero answers. And if Adams were to somehow be fired after another lost year…how could the epitaph read anything but “He never tried”.

There’s so real problems in Pegulaville. None of these people seem fit for their jobs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I get that they talk up development but the Big Brain move of splitting Kulich and Rosen after they've had 15 months of playing together and knowing one another to mitigate having two kids on the same line is... a choice. That's steeped in trying to mitigate, not develop. So weird.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I get that they talk up development but the Big Brain move of splitting Kulich and Rosen after they've had 15 months of playing together and knowing one another to mitigate having two kids on the same line is... a choice. That's steeped in trying to mitigate, not develop. So weird.
One of them will probably end up on the bench for this game, no?

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Imagine being picked in the first round, exceeding expectations in the AHL, developing a true connections and friendship with another player. You both get called up at the same time to a team starved for goal scoring, and you get to play with:
Jost and Oloffson​
Krebs and Okposo​

Stunning decision making. That bottom six is a joke, just cannon fodder.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Imagine being picked in the first round, exceeding expectations in the AHL, developing a true connections and friendship with another player. You both get called up at the same time to a team starved for goal scoring, and you get to play with:
Jost and Oloffson​
Krebs and Okposo​

Stunning decision making. That bottom six is a joke, just cannon fodder.
On the other hand, and ironically, they wouldn’t even be getting this chance if we had quality partners for them to play with. It would negate the need to call them up.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
One of them will probably end up on the bench for this game, no?

I mean, if we're looking at accountability, how about the guy who lost a faceoff and then uselessly doubled a covered man below the goal line, leaving the net front open for an easy goal in the last game? I know, I know, they wouldn't do that because they say they are about development and then try to still do things regarding winning at the same time.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX

Sabres tradition

Just like our geniuses thought EROD was minor league fodder and not one to be stapled to Eichel's wing, whereas he is a top 6 player on multiple teams far better than we are

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sabres tradition

Just like our geniuses thought EROD was minor league fodder and not one to be stapled to Eichel's wing, whereas he is a top 6 player on multiple teams far better than we are

Not for nothing but there are some big brains in the commentary vein who hated Erod and were more than happy to see him leave even if he never got any time with Eichel as should have been the case. Some of them are still on this board.

Reactions: dortt and Zman5778

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I mean, if we're looking at accountability, how about the guy who lost a faceoff and then uselessly doubled a covered man below the goal line, leaving the net front open for an easy goal in the last game? I know, I know, they wouldn't do that because they say they are about development and then try to still do things regarding winning at the same time.
<pushes Jeopardy signal button>
"Who is Tyson Jost?"

"I'll take Recent Sabre miscues for $400, Chainshot."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark