Confirmed with Link: Sabres qualify Murray and Weissbach; do not qualify Jost, Clague or Pekar

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I will be irritated if he is back. They need to improve that bottom 6 somewhere. Getting the band back together is not good enough.

No knock on Jost, but they need an upgrade somewhere.
I'll be slightly irritated if he's back specifically to serve as the 4th line center.

If he's brought back to be the 13th forward, I'm all for it

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'll be slightly irritated if he's back specifically to serve as the 4th line center.

If he's brought back to be the 13th forward, I'm all for it
Two way contract for me, and he doesn't need to take that, he can find a team to give him a one-way deal no problem.

Also, something about his locker room cleanout interview gave me the impression that they made no commitment to him.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm glad they qualified Weissbach. Murray is fine. Jost probably signs anyway. Wonder if Pekar takes an AHL deal - he was injured last season.

That’s where I have been at right along. Jost at his QO is not value. Pekar on an AHL deal would be fine. Clague I am curious if that is because the have something cooking and he would become the 8 at best.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Anyone know if Clague's QO was a 1-way deal? Last year they signed him to a 2-way contract, so I wonder if that's the reason for not offering a QO.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I like Jost :confused:. Brings energy and some skill. We had Eakin, dude f***in ruled at faceoffs and sucked at all else, I don’t wanna go back there. Just have Jost play wing. Have a winger faceoff, idk.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
He's arbitration eligible and spent the vast majority of the year on the NHL roster. That's a good ticket to a 7-figure 1-way award.....and he's clearly not worth that.
Thanks, looks like CapFriendly updated him to UFA so unless it's buried in an archive page somewhere finding what his status was 24 hours ago is beyond my immediate capabilities. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad