Sabres Prospects game draws nearly 9,000

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
After watching the intra-squad scrimmage this evening at First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York

There was just under 9,000 in attendance on a july evening for the game.

Some players looked ready to roll in to the NHL. It was great fun.

Thank you Sabres, thank you Sabres trade partners of late and thank you NHL draft

:yo:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I heard this Linus Ullmark goalie was unbelievable.. Ive read quite a bit of hype about him over the year. Did anyone watch the game tonight? can anyone comment on him?

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I heard this Linus Ullmark goalie was unbelievable.. Ive read quite a bit of hype about him over the year. Did anyone watch the game tonight? can anyone comment on him?

He only played half the game and wasn't pressured much but he looked great. Didn't let in a single goal, calm and composed in net and oh did I mention he's ****ing huge.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
29y4agy.jpg

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
To be fair...most people were probably going to watch Goonies at Canal Side afterwards...

ZeroPT*

he was really good.

Calm and composed in the net and made a ridiculous save on a cross crease play.

member 96824

Wanted to get a peak at the opening night roster.

Amazingly, both teams lost. McDavid is on his way!

Ovechkins vodka

Sep 22, 2006
IMO Buffalo has always been one of the best hockey markets in North America, I would even say its up there with a few of the Canadian markets

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
Good for the Sabres to get people in the seats. Unlike most American "hockey" cities Buffalo tends to support winners and losers. Looking at you Detroit and Boston....

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
IMO Buffalo has always been one of the best hockey markets in North America, I would even say its up there with a few of the Canadian markets

You are correct, sir. As shown in this article: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-cant-canada-win-the-stanley-cup/, rating cities by the amount of hockey-related searches they do, 33% of Buffalo's population can be considered "avid" NHL fans, which puts it easily in first-place among American cities, but still well behind Canadian cities. By comparison, the #2 American city is Pittsburgh, with 27%.

Buffalo 33%
Pittsburgh 27%
Boston 17%
Detroit 15%
Minneapolis 13%
NY/NJ 13%
LA 6%

Bps21*

News to me. Didn't know I was a Canadian citizen. Learn something new everyday.

Don't you know that the only reason they sell out is because of the Canadian fans? It's true. It's also why they have thousands on the season ticket waiting list. And why a scrimmage drew so many on a Tuesday night. And why the TV ratings for hockey games that don't even have Buffalo playing in them do a higher % than almost anywhere.

Because canadians keep their TVs in Buffalo.

I can't believe you didn't know this stuff.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Dude. Our territory extends into Canada and a good portion of STH's are from Canada... it's not an absurd statement.

Actually, it's technically an absurd statement. As the city of Buffalo, for which the team plays in and carries the name sake of, is in point of fact, inside the borders of the United States of America. So, it's not a Canadian market per say. However, Canadians from the Ontario Province, particularly the southeastern portion of what is known as the Ontario Peninsula are a market share of the team due to proximity.

:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad