GDT: Sabres @ Penguins 7PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I can understand UPL starting. It's been about a week since he last played. We've got games about every other day for the next couple of weeks so they will have to plug him in at some point.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Levi had a hot game in Montreal. I would have gone to him in this one. If he shit's the bed, what harm? They haven't won two in a row in f***ing forever. Maybe riding the hot hand could have done that.

Levi's also played two in a row and perhaps they noticed that when they string three or more together, things get leaky? *shrug*

You know I am not a fan of the Bales hire nor his body of work as their goaltending coach. I don't think he brings anything to their group and I don't agree with how they handle their tenders most of the time so this is just more of that dislike for me.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Levi's also played two in a row and perhaps they noticed that when they string three or more together, things get leaky? *shrug*

You know I am not a fan of the Bales hire nor his body of work as their goaltending coach. I don't think he brings anything to their group and I don't agree with how they handle their tenders most of the time so this is just more of that dislike for me.
absolutely agree here. more dregs in the coaching ranks.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
why was Irbe ever let go? He was the one goalie coach who got his goalies to play well above their ability

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

6K with a .930 sv % against the Pens in two starts this season probably also played a role in the decision.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
6K with a .930 sv % against the Pens in two starts this season probably also played a role in the decision.
Granato is going to see some obvious regression tonight and then act like he doesn’t know what that means and screw your big city fancy numbers

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Granato is going to see some obvious regression tonight and then act like he doesn’t know what that means and screw your big city fancy numbers
Granato one time that some analytics are fluid and you can't always count on them (he's right) and people are acting like he said they're not real lol.

That being said, judging by his refusal to separate Samuelsson and Dahlin....

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I would have loved to have seen that, I loved Irbe in his playing days

IMG_0567.jpeg

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Pens had a big game against Boston, hopefully tonight's their let-down game

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Listening to Rob Ray - he broke his jaw in juniors… wired shut for 6 weeks and he lost 28 pounds… lol. not recommending it for a weight loss program.

• Wow
Reactions: Dingo44

Intermission

Jan 17, 2016
Western NY
Listening to Rob Ray - he broke his jaw in juniors… wired shut for 6 weeks and he lost 28 pounds… lol. not recommending it for a weight loss program.
That was a tremendous segment. He was talking about the doctor trying to wrestle it back into place, only to hear it pop out again and again before realizing it was broke. Wonderful hockey analysis.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad