Friedman: Sabres Open For Business

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't understand BUF trading Risto. Or Scandella, Eichel, or....that's about it. Maybe Mittelstadt, but if he nets you the equivalent in a young D(#1D potential, as CM has #1C potential) you have to at least think about it. ROR is decent but no bargain. KO is not good. Reinhart forgettable. Kane...don't know what to think about him.

I also don't understand how Guhle has a top 4D role locked up for next season. Surely, if nothing else, BUF should know how hard it is to find legit top4 Dmen?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
:laugh: :laugh: You mean the same Maatta who's missed over 100 games in the past 5 years or so, This doesn't even get you Reinhart period Cole has little value and Maatta can't stay healthy enough.
Beaulieu is trash. Maata for Reinhart is debatable but if you put a gun to my head, Id rather have Reinhart and hope he turns into a better player down the line.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Sabres fans, any interest in the following trade offer from Philly...

TO BUF:
- Sanheim
- Sandstrom
- 2018 1st, via STL

TO PHI:
- Ristolainen

I was interested when I saw the name Sanheim, then read further down and lost all interest once Risto was what's going back. Risto isn't moving.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Whats the Value of Kane to San Jose, and what would be a fair return considering they have no 2018 2nd or 3rd round pick?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd love a Reinhart for Hanifin trade, Hanifin would get more ice time in Buffalo and would just look absolutely amazing next to Ristolainen. Personally would like Hanny on the Jets.

Also hope that the Sabres get Dahlin over all the other teams in the NHL.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think O'Reilly to Columbus might be a good trade.

Columbus:
Ryan O'Reilly
Robin Lehner

Buffalo:
1st 2018
Nick Foligno
Scott Harrington
Joonas Korpisalo
Sonny Milano

Reactions: Ola

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
if Scandella is really going to be moved, any interest in the higher nyi 1st+ Sebastian Aho or Vande Sopel?

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
:laugh: :laugh: You mean the same Maatta who's missed over 100 games in the past 5 years or so, This doesn't even get you Reinhart period Cole has little value and Maatta can't stay healthy enough.

Maatta has missed games mostly over 2 years ago. He has been great this season. I don't think it's that far off either to be honest, and I wouldn't want beaulieu back, he is terrible.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
You guys remember what we 'gave up' for Scandella? Love Botts. And I don't think we make basically our best and most consistent D this season available unless its gross overpayment. We need him more than any other team would...

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Gross. No, Scandella is going to be one who stays. He has been a rock and piece we should move forward with. We need more guys like him.
I can understand that argument. I make similar comments when fans propose Leddy trades.

I do want to point out that the isles have some promising, but unproven blueliners in Pulock,Pelech,Toews,Aho and Vande Sople. Cannot keep them all. I could see a couple ending up elsewhere and doing well , like Spurgeon several seasons ago.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
if Scandella is really going to be moved, any interest in the higher nyi 1st+ Sebastian Aho or Vande Sopel?

I get the appeal for Scandella and that isn't a bad offer at all. It's simply that they need more of his variety of player rather than none. He's made all the difference in the world for Ristolainen moving the needle on his advanced stats while still facing big minutes and tough competition. I'd hope his value in that regard is higher than potential return, though your offer is very tempting.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
A Hanifin for Reinhart trade?

Ron Francis should be fired immediately for that trade. Our best offensive defender with first line potential for a “not cutting it” former 2nd overall pick. Just no. Reinhart doesn’t add anything to the team that we don’t have. I take that back we add a failed top 3 pick to the team, we don’t have that.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The plus to Reinhart to land Hanifin would have to be something worth Hanifin (read: not happening). Reinhart doesn't move the needle at all. He has close to half the points of Hanifin right now.

Reactions: patrickmychan

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I can understand that argument. I make similar comments when fans propose Leddy trades.

I do want to point out that the isles have some promising, but unproven blueliners in Pulock,Pelech,Toews,Aho and Vande Sople. Cannot keep them all. I could see a couple ending up elsewhere and doing well , like Spurgeon several seasons ago.

Those pieces would be interesting if the Isles were trying to trade for Kane (they're not--no need to beat that horse again :laugh:), but Scandella has been a rock for Buffalo, and I think most of the fanbase would agree that we'd hate to see him traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad