Confirmed with Link: Sabres open 2024-25 season in Prague, Czechia vs NJ Devils + Preseason game vs RB Munich

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I hope the Sabre Czech contingent turns out like they did on their Buffalo trip since they seemed like good luck charms.

I think Kulich gets a shot to start up with the Sabres unless he has a horrific training camp / preseason.

Maybe this will be more motivation for him to get trained up in the off-season to be able to play in these games.

What happens at the end of preseason? Do they decide their final roster early or do they bring extra guys on the trip?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think Kulich gets a shot to start up with the Sabres unless he has a horrific training camp / preseason.

Maybe this will be more motivation for him to get trained up in the off-season to be able to play in these games.

What happens at the end of preseason? Do they decide their final roster early or do they bring extra guys on the trip?
There is a week between that pre-season game vs RB Munich and the first game of the back-to-back vs the Devils. So, my guess is that they make their final cuts after that preseason game vs RB and whomever is headed to Rochester catches a plane back to NA.

:facepalm:

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
6 hour time zone difference between here (Texas) and Prague.

So probably a 1pm or 2pm start time on a Friday and Saturday.

That's doable. :thumbu:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So I would imagine that JJ is not going to be in any trade discussion this summer if he’s being featured in there, social media campaign regarding this series.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
NHL must be banking on a Hasek bounce. Should be Buffalo vs Pittsburgh

But then they're thinking "gotta have a new star, pick Nemec"

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I hate this, its a bad omen and keeps the team from getting into a groove early in the season when they need a better start than this year.
My golfing buddy and I have a saying on the first hole, as we inevitably each throw up a 6 on a driveable par 4: "We're just getting the suck out of our system."

That's what the Sabres could do here -- just leave the suck in Germany and Czechia.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
So I would imagine that JJ is not going to be in any trade discussion this summer if he’s being featured in there, social media campaign regarding this series.
Eh, I'd assume that the front office isn't letting the marketing department in on potential trade talks. Hopefully they aren't letting marketing/PR dictate what moves they're willing to make either.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I hate this, its a bad omen and keeps the team from getting into a groove early in the season when they need a better start than this year.
It's not like they've really been gang busters to begin seasons lately.

Maybe this is the motivation they need to not use training camp to get in shape and actually decide who plays where and when.

crossthesticks26

Jan 5, 2006
6 hour time zone difference between here (Texas) and Prague.

So probably a 1pm or 2pm start time on a Friday and Saturday.

That's doable. :thumbu:

puck drop should be Friday at 7pm/Saturday at 4pm - would mean 1pm/10am for you then I guess ;)

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
puck drop should be Friday at 7pm/Saturday at 4pm - would mean 1pm/10am for you then I guess ;)
Is it normal for mid-afternoon games on Saturdays?

Here in North America we either have a true weekend matinee (noon or 1pm start time) or we have evening starting times.

4pm seems weird, especially after an evening game the night before. I don't know that the players association would even allow a start time less than 24 hours from the previous night.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Eh, I'd assume that the front office isn't letting the marketing department in on potential trade talks. Hopefully they aren't letting marketing/PR dictate what moves they're willing to make either.

Eh, I'd assume that the GM still thinks Peterka and Quinn are part of his team's path forward and won't move them because he's proud of himself for drafting them both more than anything.

crossthesticks26

Jan 5, 2006
Is it normal for mid-afternoon games on Saturdays?

Here in North America we either have a true weekend matinee (noon or 1pm start time) or we have evening starting times.

4pm seems weird, especially after an evening game the night before. I don't know that the players association would even allow a start time less than 24 hours from the previous night.

nah, wouldn't call it normal around here either - thought it was a bit weird when I saw it as well tbh...

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm going! Buffalo teams always seem to lose in europe but whatever.
Need to go to Prague anyway, I'm gonna rattle the doors of the defunct svankmajer museum.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think it's great that we already have our excuse lined up for the horrible start to next season that sinks it before it even began.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm with you. A complete disruption of early season regimen.

I recall how the Sweden trip went for the team a few years back...

It's not like they've really been gang busters to begin seasons lately.

Maybe this is the motivation they need to not use training camp to get in shape and actually decide who plays where and when.
You don't actually believe what you are typing here. Do you?

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Might go, it lines up with Oktoberfest too :laugh:

Went to the game in London in 2007 when it was Anaheim vs LA then hit Oktoberfest. Nice little trip

Reactions: LaMasquerade

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3