GDT: Sabres @ Montreal 7PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It's just over an hour for me and I had my now wife take me there for my birthday. That reminds me that my birthday is January 13 and it's on a Saturday this year.
Could be a playoff game. I'm definitely taking the wife and kiddos for some pizza and wings. They listen to me bitch about not having had a decent pizza or wings unless we visit the motherland.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I can always tell in the first 5 minutes if it's going to be worth watching or not. Still makes me sad that I make the distinction.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Good
Levi put on a show in his hometown
Still can't believe the detail Benson's game already has
Quinn is elite skill. He and JJ are young duo most teams would die for
Thought Joki and Clifton were fast and sharp
Top line needs to keep this momentum.
Tage looked like himself sans brace
Saw Greenway and EJ providing good vet leadership keeping guys loose

Bad
Didn't play great but talent let us pull away
Dahlin waking up/getting healthy would be a big boost

Hopeful
I still think this team might flip a switch, go on a run, and make the first half of the season look like an anomaly in hindsight. If just a few guys regress back to last year's form, it's doable. Teams develop in-season too, either way it's all up to them.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Could be a playoff game. I'm definitely taking the wife and kiddos for some pizza and wings. They listen to me bitch about not having had a decent pizza or wings unless we visit the motherland.

Everyone I have brought there who aren't from Buffalo say it's the best wings and pizza they have ever had and the Buffalonians call it legit.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
come back with Levi Saturday night.

Let him get on a roll

and Keep Comweasal in the press box in Rochester or send him to Jacksonville

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I saw some video of Levi’s saves. Looks like he had him a game tonight. Hopefully, it’s not just the thrill of playing in his hometown.

This save probably not getting talked about enough:

1704427289596.png

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Did Comrie kick your dog or something, seems like its pretty personal between you two.

he just sucks ass as a goalie

tonight is a game we almost certainly lose if he plays. He doesn't make the big saves that Levi made. Then, the talk would be about how shitty the D was (and they were extra shitty tonight, Levi bailed them out like Dom used to do)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
View attachment 796351

the splits and a mask save, like one other goalie of Sabres past.
Geez. That graph looks ugly for Buffalo. Glad Levi played well, but the graph makes it appear Montreal wins that game more often than not. Did Montreal look like the better team last night?

Also, I have to give Levi credit. He has his stinkers, but he also has his fair share of games like this.

• Wow
Reactions: HOOats

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Geez. That graph looks ugly for Buffalo. Glad Levi played well, but the graph makes it appear Montreal wins that game more often than not. Did Montreal look like the better team last night?

Also, I have to give Levi credit. He has his stinkers, but he also has his fair share of games like this.
Montreal started out the stronger team inthe first, and had a few periods of dominance after that. However, the Sabres were the better team for large stretches of the game.

It was nice to see the finishing better this game, because that has obviously been lacking. The occasional overpassing still irritates me.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
What happened to Dahlin?

Despite being selected as an All-Star this year, I feel like he is playing like a below average top 4 defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad