2014-15 regular season explained

:habs =
6PvMzsS.jpg

:sabres =
QY3JLaJ.jpg

oN1Nm05.jpg

NicoandTristessa

Nov 18, 2014
EVERY team that is in the top standings of the league phones it in against weaker competition. Why? 82 game season, bruh.

No. There's a reason why the habs are dead last in scoring first period goals. They don't show up until the third.
To the Sabres credit, they played well. Enroth played well. They were actually engaged for 60 minutes (unlike Montreal), and Price let in three softies.

That's what happens when Price has an off night, and for everyone else it's business as usual.

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
If Montreal and San Jose both ended up bottom feeders one day and they played each other, what would happen? Something mind-bending, no doubt.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
21% of the Sabres acquired points are against Montreal, they have the smartest front office in East, help McDavid and Eichel go west

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Should be something like 50-18 but the Habs wouldn't have hit a soccer net with their shots tonight.

The Habs did outshoot them 34-18....Enroth must have played well.

Overall Corsi was 92-40 in favor of Montreal.

Only 1/3rd of the shots taken by the Habs got on net

If I'm counting right from the ESPN stats:

34 SOG
35 blocked shots by the Sabres
23 missed shots

Enroth played fine, but if the Habs could have hit the net a little more.......

Bps21*

Maybe don't let them score on over 40% of those first period shots too. That might have helped.

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Overall Corsi was 92-40 in favor of Montreal.

Only 1/3rd of the shots taken by the Habs got on net

If I'm counting right from the ESPN stats:

34 SOG
35 blocked shots by the Sabres
23 missed shots

Enroth played fine, but if the Habs could have hit the net a little more.......

When did we start counting missed shots as anything?

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
Montreal is terrible against bottom-feeders.

They don't get up for certain games and play way too loose. Don't know if that's a coaching problem, or leadership, but it's something that shouldn't happen as often as it does.

Its been happening like forever...as far as I can remember...this team seams to be unable to motivate itself against bottom feeders. I don't watch much hockey in regards to other teams...maybe its the same but damn it sure sucks to loose against supposedly week teams:cry:

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
Speaking of numbers, What's yours Alexis Texas?

:sarcasm:

I may or may not have googled her twitter looking for a cheeky response to your question :sarcasm:

And I may or may not have learned that there is a number where you can allegedly text her posted on her twitter :sarcasm:

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I had a feeling the Sabres were going to end their losing streak against the Canadiens. The Canadiens lose against the Coyotes persuaded me not to bet my vcash on the sabres/canadiens match last night. And I'm glad I didn't bet any of my vcash last night because I was extremely tempted to do so :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad