Friedman: Sabres Looking To Move Vinnie Hinostroza

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I'd take him back on ARI in a heartbeat. Doesn't sound like it's going to happen but I always liked him and we need more vets. Plus our coaching has been good and with his speed and ethic I think he'd be a great role model and complimentary piece for our young guys. He still has some skill, would be nice to have that in our bottom 6.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

In waivers thread, someone posted w a link that Vinnie was just waived. Do not want him back on Hawks but hope someone picks him up

Yep. Buck did in this thread as well. If he doesn't get claimed, I'd be interested to see if he goes to Rochester. I know he's tight with Anders Bjork from what he's said in the past and Bjork is just starting to play well down there.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If Hinostroza was placed on waivers he probably wouldn’t warrant a claim due to his cap hit and lack of production as a 13th-14th forward fill in playing just over 12 minutes a night in a sparingly role.

Maybe Arizona could take a chance and reacquire Hinostroza since Vinnie’s best season in his career was with the Coyotes scoring nearly 40 points about 5 seasons ago.

The Yotes have been playing 7 defenseman for about a month now due to a few injuries to their forwards maybe it wouldn’t hurt to see if Hinostroza has anything left on a bad team with more opportunities for playing time.
Zero interest from Arizona. Good kid, decent shot, terrible hockey IQ. He had a decent season getting top 6 minutes, his 40 points should've been 60. He wouldn't fit with the current Coyote staff.

Re: 11/7, yeah forward injuries are part of it, but so was the idea. of protecting Dmen (Chychrun, Ghost) who are (hopefully) getting moved at the TDL.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
If Vatrano is shipped off at the deadline. Because New York Rangers want him. Anaheim can take him on. It’s only 1.7 million and a expiring contract.

Anaheim should be interested on a deal like this if Vatrano is traded for a good return.
Hold on a month ago you were swearing up and down Vatrano was not available and no way Anaheim was ever going to trade him. Now you are acquiring Hinostroza because Vatrano has one foot out the door. Nice to see how solid you are in your convictions.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sabres beat reporter saying Hinostroza will stay around the team rather than going to the AHL while they try to continue to find him a place to play via trade.

Edit - weirdly, part of that reporter's rough evening and among some Tweets of his that have now gone away.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUCKSHOT

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Hold on a month ago you were swearing up and down Vatrano was not available and no way Anaheim was ever going to trade him. Now you are acquiring Hinostroza because Vatrano has one foot out the door. Nice to see how solid you are in your convictions.

I’m not the Ducks. I have my own opinion. I would like to keep Vatrano. As he’s a solid depth forward for us. But if the offers are right. Like some of the Ranger fans wanting him and other teams. Anaheim will definitely listen. Verbeek has his work cut out for him this deadline.

Have no idea what direction the Ducks are going this deadline and off season. I imagine lots of changes will happen thats obviously not in any of our fans control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad