Dreger: Sabres looking to add both a top 6 and bottom 6 forward

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
This is too much overpayment for a guy who scores 47 points in his best season. I understand that he is fighting with heart, he is physical and fast, but it’s easier to look for other options than to give our best RHD and two solid prospects.

No interest.

Why would Vegas give up Tuch whos signed long term at a steal of a cap hit for a an overpaid defensive blackhole like Ristolainen? On top of give up a guy like Reaves that holds guys accountable for Rodrigues a 30 point winger that would probably struggle to put up 20 on another team because he wouldnt be gifted minutes due to the Sabres terrible forward depth.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
One guy with almost three years under contract and a pending UFA, for two pending UFAs. Typical dumb response.

You realize that offer is more fair than going for Tuch right? Lmao. Eakin would be youre teams 2nd best center, getting rid of Ristolainen is addition by subtraction.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
You realize that offer is more fair than going for Tuch right? Lmao. Eakin would be youre teams 2nd best center, getting rid of Ristolainen is addition by subtraction.

No, trading away a 24 min RHD with term, that isn't a black hole under a competent HC, for a pending UFA, career 35 pt FW on the downside of his career at 28 yrs old, is nowhere near fair.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Why would Vegas give up Tuch whos signed long term at a steal of a cap hit for a an overpaid defensive blackhole like Ristolainen? On top of give up a guy like Reaves that holds guys accountable for Rodrigues a 30 point winger that would probably struggle to put up 20 on another team because he wouldnt be gifted minutes due to the Sabres terrible forward depth.
Probably there’s no reason only if they see some potential in this deal, they know how to use Risto and the like, but we don’t need to give up Risto for such a guy as Eakin.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I would try a salary cap neutral deal with Vegas.

Ristolainen and Rodrigues

for

Tuch and Reaves

Vegas doesn't have even ONE good right-shot D-man, and as polarizing as Ristolainen is on these boards, he is at least a decent top-four RHD with some grit that can play lots of mins. Vegas has a couple FWs to spare, and would gladly ditch Reaves as he his past his cap hit value and a pending UFA. Tuch of course has a great contract as a physical, 50 pt FW. I would hope Rodrigues as a pending RFA helps make up the hole as a contract-controlled RH FW with some speed and tenacity.

Please stop this nonsense. Tuch is not going anywhere, especially for a notorious Dman with only 3 years left.

Reactions: Pia8988

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Please stop this nonsense. Tuch is not going anywhere, especially for a notorious Dman with only 3 years left.

"Notorious"? LOL, whatever. He's playing 24 mins and isn't anything close to being "notorious" now that he plays under a competent HC and D-zone scheme. He's playing pretty well actually, with the same TOI even though Buffalo has added a couple good RHDs since last season.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
No, trading away a 24 min RHD with term, that isn't a black hole under a competent HC, for a pending UFA, career 35 pt FW on the downside of his career at 28 yrs old, is nowhere near fair.

The only reason he plays 24min is because they Sabres have an awful defence core. On a good team Ristolainen is a #4 dman. Hes also overpaid with what he brings on top of that.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
How is this not considering trolling when we have Johansson? Like there is no way you aren't purposely spurting this stuff when we its nowhere near true he wouldn't even be our 4th best center we don't need Eakin LOL. Mitts plays 4th line minutes and is way more productive.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
How is this not considering trolling when we have Johansson? Like there is no way you aren't purposely spurting this stuff when we its nowhere near true he wouldn't even be our 3rd best center we don't need Eakin LOL.

Johansson is better on the wing in my opinion. Hes only a center because of the Sabres awful center depth. When he was an actual competitive team he played wing.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Yeah you aren't paying attention or just don't know.

Paying attention to what? Ristolainen is an offensive defencemen that is a terrible defender. On a good team hes a #4 and thats only if he is paired with a stay at home guy that can at least cover up for some of his plenty defensive flaws

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Paying attention to what? Ristolainen is an offensive defencemen that is a terrible defender. On a good team hes a #4 and thats only if he is paired with a stay at home guy that can at least cover up for some of his plenty defensive flaws

He's below average, not terrible. A decent 2nd pair RHD that can play 24 mins and 80 games has a lot more trade value than you're giving him credit for. Play him 20 mins and PP2 time, on a decent team that doesn't allow him to get caved in with max TOI on a terrible defensive team, and all of a sudden his advanced stats will look just fine. Believe what you want though, obviously.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
He's below average, not terrible. A decent 2nd pair RHD that can play 24 mins and 80 games has a lot more trade value than you're giving him credit for. Play him 20 mins and PP2 time, on a decent team that doesn't allow him to get caved in with max TOI on a terrible defensive team, and all of a sudden his advanced stats will look just fine. Believe what you want though, obviously.

Yeah how is he worth Tuch? Tuch is signed long term for like 6 more years at like $4.7M, that deal is already a steal while Ristolainen is kinda overpaid. Id say the Sabres are lucky to get a guy like Johnsson or Jenner for him, no chance they get Tuch lol.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Johansson is better on the wing in my opinion. Hes only a center because of the Sabres awful center depth. When he was an actual competitive team he played wing.
Eakin with 15 minutes a night and 3 assists in 14 on a good team in Vegas........so amazing

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Yeah how is he worth Tuch? Tuch is signed long term for like 6 more years at like $4.7M, that deal is already a steal while Ristolainen is kinda overpaid. Id say the Sabres are lucky to get a guy like Johnsson or Jenner for him, no chance they get Tuch lol.

I said because of the contract, Buffalo adds to Ristolainen. My example was Reaves for Rodrigues - a semi-useless pending UFA cap dump, for a useful bottom-six RW that is a pending RFA and therefore cost-controlled. You can be obnoxious and scoff at that all you want, or be civil and suggest the add should be more. At this point though, I realize you're not worth the discussion.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I said because of the contract, Buffalo adds to Ristolainen. My example was Reaves for Rodrigues - a semi-useless pending UFA cap dump, for a useful bottom-six RW that is a pending RFA and therefore cost-controlled. You can be obnoxious and scoff at that all you want, or be civil and suggest the add should be more. At this point though, I realize you're not worth the discussion.

So youre solition to mitigate that is Rodrigues??? How bout you add Mittlestadt and its fair.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
So youre solition to mitigate that is Rodrigues??? How bout you add Mittlestadt and its fair.
WoUldn't trade Sobotka for tuch let a lone mitts and risto. TucH sucks he notoriously bad on a contender he's a 4th lineeer guy only has 1 goal teh whole season smh he no gud.

Am i doing this right? at Least have some facts or watch a few game before spewing BS about players on the sabres, you're honestly so out of touch and just making yourself look bad.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
"Notorious"? LOL, whatever. He's playing 24 mins and isn't anything close to being "notorious" now that he plays under a competent HC and D-zone scheme. He's playing pretty well actually, with the same TOI even though Buffalo has added a couple good RHDs since last season.

Why would Vegas trade a young stud like Tuch who is locked up for another 6 years when they can poach a RD next year because of the expansion draft? Buffalo has to protect Dahlin, don't they?

To further that point, Dmen like Leddy and Risto have diminished value because almost every team that trades for them need to use a spot to protect them.

And believe me, I know about one of those good RHDs and his adventurous (notorious?) shifts in his own end.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Why would Vegas trade a young stud like Tuch who is locked up for another 6 years when they can poach a RD next year because of the expansion draft? Buffalo has to protect Dahlin, don't they?

To further that point, Dmen like Leddy and Risto have diminished value because almost every team that trades for them need to use a spot to protect them.

And believe me, I know about one of those good RHDs and his adventurous (notorious?) shifts in his own end.

The expansion draft is not next summer, it's in 2021. Ristolainen and Tuch are both eligible, so there's no expansion draft issues here. Vegas would protect Schmidt, Theodore, and Ristolainen and not have to think hard about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad