Dreger: Sabres looking to add both a top 6 and bottom 6 forward

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I don't really care about fighting, im looking more at who is best at handling speed and can be a physical presence. Samuelsson is more at the age that can grow with the next generation of Turcotte, Kaliyev and Bjornfot, as I think that is when LA is going to have its turn around. But if Blake feels Borgen is better than Samuelson. Then so be it.

Fighting isn't some main component to his skillset. I just mentioned it because he's had success there.

But the kid is very good at handling speed and is a large physical presence...and has proven it at a higher level than Samuelsson. But the age thing makes sense.

member 88115

Fighting isn't some main component to his skillset. I just mentioned it because he's had success there.

But the kid is very good at handling speed and is a large physical presence...and has proven it at a higher level than Samuelsson. But the age thing makes sense.
Just saw his fights, he has fought some lousy fighters. How did he look at the NHL? Why the -5 in 4 games?

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Just saw his fights, he has fought some lousy fighters. How did he look at the NHL? Why the -5 in 4 games?
He isn't some heavyweight or anything. He's -5 in 4 games because the Sabres were basically an AHL team by the end of last season. He looked fine in the NHL, not enough time to really get a good look at him. But there's really no doubt he can play there given his style and ability. He'd be there now if the Sabres didn't have so many right sided Dmen on the roster right now. The only question is the impact he'll have on the game. Will it be as a bottom pairing guy, or can he ascend to more icetime against other team's top lines? I would bet on the latter, but I'm not going to act like my opinion matters there.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Marcus Johanson can get 2nd + 4th, Toffoli should get that or more. Toffoli is still making plays on a crappy team. He needs a players with speed to give him more space, something Carter used to give him before his leg injury. Carl Hagelin got the Kings a 3rd rounder last year, while Toffoli who is a much better player at his worst should have no problem getting LA a better pick.

MoJo is doing better than Toffolli right now.

A 3 yr slump + wanting a big contract...not getting that now. If he can improve his play over the next 3 months would help

You have better luck getting a 3rd now+ a cond. 2nd if resigned

Reactions: freester

member 88115

MoJo is doing better than Toffolli right now.

A 3 yr slump + wanting a big contract...not getting that now. If he can improve his play over the next 3 months would help

You have better luck getting a 3rd now+ a cond. 2nd if resigned
Yes, cause he has one more point this season. Since being scratched, Toffoli has 3 points of the possible 7 scored by LA in those 3 games. While Mojo last 3 games, he has 0 points, -4 and has only won 5 face-offs of the 23 taken. Congrats.

SB716

Jun 1, 2015
Yes, cause he has one more point this season. Since being scratched, Toffoli has 3 points of the possible 7 scored by LA in those 3 games. While Mojo last 3 games, he has 0 points, -4 and has only won 5 face-offs of the 23 taken. Congrats.

I would take a player with a 3 game slump over a player with a 3 season slump. But that’s me I suppose.

Nice job looking up stats tho, you’re doing very well in life and going to go far because you can read. Congrats.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
I would take a player with a 3 game slump over a player with a 3 season slump. But that’s me I suppose.

Nice job looking up stats tho, you’re doing very well in life and going to go far because you can read. Congrats.
Toffoli scored 24 goals a couple seasons ago. Where are you getting this 3 year slump from?
He's a perennial 20+ goal scorer. Look at his year to year stats.
If you and other Sabres fans prefer another forward to him or would rather try promoting a younger player from within instead trading away assets, then that's fine. Just say that.
Toffoli doesn't suck, isn't a cap dump and isn't in a 3 year slump.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
I’ve been saying roslovic for risto forever, he would fit buffalos needs perfectly

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Detroit isn’t trading Mantha... lol.

Toffoli to the Sabres just makes too much sense... Pilut straight-up.
Pass. Pilut's a keeper. I'd offer a 3rd and Scandella or something in that ballpark. Flip Scandella for another pick. I like Toffoli and think he'd be a good fit on our 2nd line, but I'm not sure anyone is breaking the bank to get a pending UFA coming off a massively disappointing 34 point season.
I’ve been saying roslovic for risto forever, he would fit buffalos needs perfectly
Roslovic straight up? No thanks. If Winnipeg is adding another high end asset then it might be worth considering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->