Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Jets | Tues Dec 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I hope the Jets are prepared for what Sabres have been the past 13 games. Do not take them lightly. One of the hottest teams right now.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
WChtQGd.jpg

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
If a goalie was able to secure 60% of all points available in a season, how many points would that be?

How many points have 8th seeds had to reach the playoffs?

98. Good for a playoff spot.

But that doesn't matter because he's only getting 52.3% of the points available.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
If a goalie was able to secure 60% of all points available in a season, how many points would that be?

98 points, but at Pavelec's rate of points he gets per game, we would only secure 82 points.

My head hurts trying to figure out your math :huh:

Derfel*

98 points, but at Pavelec's rate of points he gets per game, we would only secure 82 points.

My head hurts trying to figure out your math :huh:

Then just go with my math. My math is more fun than your math.

Bps21*

The sabres are winning a lot...but this back to back with travel and the backup goalie playing...thats not easy.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

The problem we have here is that Pavelec's needed 71% of the starts to secure 61% of the points.

And while he may have 61% of the Jets points earned (22 out of 36), he only has 22 out of 44, or 55% of the total possible points in the games he's started.

Hutch, OTOH, has 39% of the Jets points in only 29% of the team's starts. He's got 14 out of 18 possible points in his starts, or 78%.

55% of 164 = 90 points pace
78% of 164 = 128 points pace

Not that it's very likely that Hutch will keep up that pace for the rest of the year, but he's vastly outperforming Pavelec in terms of points per start.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
:laugh:

Edit:
70%
52.3%

Which of these numbers is bigger?

Well 52.3 has THREE numbers

And 70 has TWO numbers

And 3 > 2

So.........it's a tie?

(Edit - Derfel I'm just teasing. I don't agree with your assessment of Pav but at the same time I love how positive you are in general about the team. It's awesome :cheers:)

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

I believe you missed one of these > :sarcasm: Are you really pushing your previous statement as being correct, or are ya' just funnin'? ;)

Back to the game: I still think the Sabres could be dangerous (as any NHL team can be) has gone on this streak in a very Avs / Calgary / Toronto like manner. It's probably unsustainable over the long run, fuelled by a high PDO, and good goaltending. It's likely to come crashing down on 'em, so tonight's as good a night as any for that to start.

Go Jets! :nod:

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Not even expecting a win vs the Sabres. Jets are on holidaze.

We have to go with the math.

Put Hutch in and we win. Everyone wins. Hutch redeems himself, and only lets in one goal.

Put Pavelec in net, and he lets in 4 goals in the first 10 shots he faces, then gets yanked. Jets lose 5-2.

So we have to play Hutch to win. It's that simple.

RonJon

May 18, 2011

Put Hutch in and we win. Everyone wins. Hutch redeems himself, and only lets in one goal.

Put Pavelec in net, and he lets in 4 goals in the first 10 shots he faces, then gets yanked. Jets lose 5-2.

This is a no win game for Pav. He gets the 2 points...its his job he played good enough to win...the team won it for him. He doesn't get 2 points...told you so, he's crap...get rid of him. :shakehead.

I, like a few here want to see the team, the Jets succeed regardless of who is in net, who is on D who is playing on what line and how many goals we do or do not score. Jets win everyone wins

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I take you don't teach math. Based on the math Buffalo would need to have north of 40 shots on goal not 10 to score 4 goals on Pavs. Talking about coming flat.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This is a no win game for Pav. He gets the 2 points...its his job he played good enough to win...the team won it for him. He doesn't get 2 points...told you so, he's crap...get rid of him. :shakehead.

I, like a few here want to see the team, the Jets succeed regardless of who is in net, who is on D who is playing on what line and how many goals we do or do not score. Jets win everyone wins

Yep. Put me on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad