Eklund Rumor: Sabres interested in Nichushkin?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Given that the Sabres still need to re-sign Ristolainen and Girgensons, I can't see them acquiring another unsigned RFA.

Add on top of that, I also don't see a good fit given what Dallas likely wants to add.

Then there is the fact that it's Eklund.

3 strikes. This idea is out.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I still wonder if Tim Murray is working on something. Okposo mentioned that he was under the impression that there were still moves to be made at his press conference, and that's something they would've told him in selling him on Buffalo.

We've heard the Kane rumors, we know Murray loves Tanev, Risto is still unsigned... I can't help but think that there is something more on the way that is going to catch people by surprise.

Just for the sake of doing a terrible job of reading the tea leaves and staying topic with the thread:

Kane + Girgensons for Tanev

Risto for Nuke + ???

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I still wonder if Tim Murray is working on something. Okposo mentioned that he was under the impression that there were still moves to be made at his press conference, and that's something they would've told him in selling him on Buffalo.

We've heard the Kane rumors, we know Murray loves Tanev, Risto is still unsigned... I can't help but think that there is something more on the way that is going to catch people by surprise.

Just for the sake of doing a terrible job of reading the tea leaves and staying topic with the thread:

Risto for Nuke + ???

That's awful value for Vancouver and Buffalo isn't moving Risto for a less proven winger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Risto for Nuke + ???

Risto is not the only high-end RFA defenceman that is unsigned.

You need to stop throwing him in proposals.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Reminder:

But what if my joke is the best Eklund joke of all time? Picture a hand crafted comedic masterpiece. Just the perfect mix of "sucks" and smilies.

I would assume that Nuke would be courted by many teams if he was actually available. I would hope that Bergevin would inquire as to the price.

They may not be asking because the interest may not be all that strong given his play and his whining to the press.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad