Eklund Rumor: Sabres interested in Nichushkin?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Maybe they're calling to ask who Dallas will trade him to for a defencemen? Try to front run the competition.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
classic Monday click bait from Ek. get those Buffalo hits

But I REALLY cant see Murray interested in a potential flight risk (if that is truly the case) unless he came suuuper cheap (like Karabacek + 4th cheap)

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I don't know what the Stars have for cap room, but what about for E. Kane? with the decision being based on Nuke deciding he does not want to sign with DAL and for him it's either a fresh start somewhere or KHL?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
There was a rumor that before trading Myers there was a deal nearly in place that would have sent Myers to Dallas for Nichushkin+ but Nichushkin had the season ending surgery a few days after.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
There was a rumor that before trading Myers there was a deal nearly in place that would have sent Myers to Dallas for Nichushkin+ but Nichushkin had the season ending surgery a few days after.

Kane had season ending surgery as well. Highly doubt injury status played a role in turning the Sabres away, probably more likely to be a plus for them. We were trying to trade away our productive players for future productive players who wouldn't help at all in 2015.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I'd be interested in Nichushkin depending on the price. If Dallas is looking for defense, then Buffalo isn't a good trade partner. I wouldn't be willing to move any of our better defenseman for him. Buffalo can't afford to.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
But I thought Tim Murray hated Russians?!

He does. Except for left handed Russian defensemen that partner well with Ristolainen.

And goofy, undersized Russian forwards playing in the Q that he can draft late.

Aside from them, yes, he hates Russians. :laugh:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
too bad Dallas was set down the middle cause maybe a Girgensens/Nichushkin type swap could happen? +'s added in

both seem like they are struggling getting a contract they feel they deserve with their current teams

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Does Buffalo have any A goaltending prospects ?

I'd guess the best we'd be willing to give up is Kasdorf. Ullmark is important in-case Lehner gets injured and our top prospect goalie Cal Peterson isn't for sale.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Reminder:

Adding to this - if you go into a thread with the "Eklund Rumor" tag simply to bash Eklund, your posts aren't welcome. You aren't forced to read it, so don't unless you want to. Its less work for everyone if you don't.

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
classic Monday click bait from Ek. get those Buffalo hits

But I REALLY cant see Murray interested in a potential flight risk (if that is truly the case) unless he came suuuper cheap (like Karabacek + 4th cheap)

He was interested in Vesey, NCAA factor isn't any different than Euro flight risk.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
He was interested in Vesey, NCAA factor isn't any different than Euro flight risk.
depending on the 'cost', I'd say it is a factor

tossing away 1 of 4 3rds versus moving an established piece or a higher rated prospect for a guy who could sign in the KHL isnt close to the same thing.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Heck, I'm interested in Scarlette Johansson but I serious so doubt it will amount to anything. Part of the problem I'm married she the red hot actress has no idea I exist. Other than that we are good.

Doubt Dallas wants to moveva very talent winger!

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Heck, I'm interested in Scarlette Johansson but I serious so doubt it will amount to anything. Part of the problem I'm married she the red hot actress has no idea I exist. Other than that we are good.

Doubt Dallas wants to moveva very talent winger!

At some point something has to give. Either Nuke progress and is given more ice time, or he grows frustrated with his situation and is traded. Doesn't look there is much room in their lineup right now to be given the ice time he wants so it will be interested to see how they handle him this year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At some point something has to give. Either Nuke progress and is given more ice time, or he grows frustrated with his situation and is traded. Doesn't look there is much room in their lineup right now to be given the ice time he wants so it will be interested to see how they handle him this year.

How much more Ice Time is Dallas supposed to gift him ? He was never buried somewhere on the 4th line with just 5 minutes like some some of interviews made people believe. 10-15 minutes is what you get at max on a great offensive team when you're inconsistent as hell . He's was #7 among Dallas forwards last year with 13:55 and thats with barely playing special teams.

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

He already got more ice time than he actually deserved last year. At a certain point you're just weakening the team by giving minutes to him over better players. If he believes he's entitled to even more ice time without earning it then he can leave. I don't see any other teams giving him 20 minutes either.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
If Nichuskin was openly shopped regardless of the return I figure many teams would be interested. I don't but the flight risk talk from fans and near the end of the year he looked every bit as good as his 18 year old self

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I would assume that Nuke would be courted by many teams if he was actually available. I would hope that Bergevin would inquire as to the price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad