Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So far, no tweets regarding lineups.
Maybe Andy is still with the team

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Normally I'd say We Got This One, but Buffalo is one of those teams that can have our number, like we have Prices number.

WE GOT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not to confident without Andy in net. He's the 2nd best goalie in the NHL and a top 15 NHL player. I like Condon, but this is like asking Chris a Wideman to do Erik Karlsson job, gotta be realistic about expectations.

1-1-1 in the next 3 games to me would be a good result without Andy here

Eh, Condon came out and played extremely well in his first few games with us. If Condon is playing, I'm confident we can get a win here if we play solidly and keep scoring. He is proving to be a serviceable goalie; we can't rely on godly goaltending every single night anyway.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Anderson is expected to start why would they recall Hammond? And can he be picked off waivers coming back up? If yes, isn't Ottawa also stuck with half his salary if he is taken off waivers?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
If Anderson is expected to start why would they recall Hammond? And can he be picked off waivers coming back up? If yes, isn't Ottawa also stuck with half his salary if he is taken off waivers?

In preparation for Andy leaving soon. And re-entry waivers are not a thing anymore. Not since the new CBA.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

re-entry waivers aren't a thing anymore. And I believe Andy is leaving to be with his wife after todays game which is why Hammond was recalled.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Recall waivers are no longer a thing. He cleared, so now he's good for 10 games / 30 days.

Timing does seem odd since it's not like we're about to go on a road trip.

Unless he's hitching a ride with Buffalo to get here.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

There's no re entry waivers anymore. So no more of that half salary stuff.

When he clears waivers to be sent down, he does not have to clear waivers again for a month(I think, 30 days) so Ottawa can send him up and down at will in that timeframe.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I gather that Andy is leaving for the balance of the week after tonight's game, so he'll miss Thursday and Saturday. Originally it seemed as if he would be gone all week, but now he seems to be playing tonight. This is likely all timed around his wife's treatments - he's obviously trying to stay and play as much as he can before having to leave to be with his kids, and as they said at the beginning this will all be a bit fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad