GDT: Sabres host Canadiens 7 PM EST - TV: MSG, ESPN+, HNIC Radio: WGR550 - Goat Head Night

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
It’s still amazes me that’s shoot outs are still a thing determining the standings. It has nothing to do with how good or bad your team is or anything to do with team play. It’s nothing more than a fun skills competition at practice or the All star game.

But the NHL are such cowards they’ll never make it about the team. Where it should be 3pts for win, 1 for tie and 0 for a loss.

Should be 3 for regulation win, 2 for OTW, 1 for OTL

Each game worth 3 total points

Reactions: joshjull

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Gross ending. Fun game though, I'll take the point. The mojo seems to be slowly building, but maybe the loss keeps them hungry too.
Being satisfied with a loser point at home vs Montreal is indicative of everything wrong with this organization. If we were playing a legit contender at home and got a point then maybe you can take something positive out of it, we did it against a team that has no chance to win anything this season but the lottery. Nothing to celebrate tonight at all.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Being satisfied with a loser point at home vs Montreal is indicative of everything wrong with this organization. If we were playing a legit contender at home and got a point then maybe you can take something positive out of it, we did it against a team that has no chance to win anything this season but the lottery. Nothing to celebrate tonight at all.
Of course our satisfaction has no bearing on anything, but I'm with you I'd have preferred two points.

But really that was one of the best efforts of the year. One of the most spirited and physical games ever from this core tbh. Tage, Okposo, random guys played noticably pissed, Clifton, Krebs, Robinson (lol). Seemed like a message had actually gotten through, which to me would be a much more significant long-term development than the point we fumbled.

The kind of run needed to get back into the mix requires stacking performances like the last two. The points will come as a result of that kind of effort, even if we only got one tonight. We'll see if they keep stacking efforts Monday.

The PP continues to majorly let us down, we still need to get inside to the net, and our shooters need to aim. But if the forwards/89 12 22 can get healthy, we're pretty loaded despite our self-imposed standings handicap. Hell imagine if 24 and 25 start contributing.

Short story long, I don't think that the point we lost tonight is going to be the point that we miss the playoffs by.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Keep in mind that Levi hasn't had enough time in the league to have a book on SO shooters and he was obviously guessing. And relying on his athleticism.

The game should not have ever gotten to that point.
The first goal was a perfect shot. In the tiny gap five hole over his stick while he was moving laterally I’m pretty sure. The second goal was an incredible move, not many goalies stopping that (maybe he could have poke checked but the guy came in with great speed). Only goal that I think maybe he could have done better on was the Slaf goal.

This wasn’t Lehner where you get him moving a little bit and then you can drive a truck through his five hole.

Reactions: oldgoalie

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The first goal was a perfect shot. In the tiny gap five hole over his stick while he was moving laterally I’m pretty sure. The second goal was an incredible move, not many goalies stopping that (maybe he could have poke checked but the guy came in with great speed). Only goal that I think maybe he could have done better on was the Slaf goal.

This wasn’t Lehner where you get him moving a little bit and then you can drive a truck through his five hole.
I wasn't dissing Levi. I think he has tremendous potential and made many outstanding saves last night.

But it takes time and experience to know other teams shooter's tendencies and methodologies.

He'll get there.

Reactions: DapperCam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad