GDT: Sabres host Canadiens 7 PM EST - TV: MSG, ESPN+, HNIC Radio: WGR550 - Goat Head Night

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20231209_113543_Photos.jpg

SmartSelect_20231209_112927_Google.jpg

MOD EDIT:
So as a pre-emptive deterrent - this is the GDT. There are places to discuss draft picks, a thread on the coach, the GM, the owner, discussing replacing the coach, goaltending, and even the roster in general. If y'all want to go off about something y'all have gone off about as a macro issue with the team (the ownership, the coach, the GM, or any of the oft-repeated commentary in GDT's of late), it WILL get pruned. Take the macro issues to their appropriate location. In the interim, this particular thread is about tonight's game. Got it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BUCKSHOT

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I don't get why Bryson is still up, is he that important to the locker room?

I am also happy that Oloffson has worked his way back to being a decent contributor

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Put my ticket up for sale below my 11 game plan discounted price and no buyers as of now.

For a game vs the Habs.

On a Saturday night

Yeah..

• Wow
Reactions: oldgoalie

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

7 minutes on. I thought this was excellent, Don is always really great to listen to. I really hope he can straighten out the ship because you can tell he cares and is a genuinely good person.

He just needs to get a bit more fire to him and I think he needs more experienced X's and O's assistants with him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

7 minutes on. I thought this was excellent, Don is always really great to listen to. I really hope he can straighten out the ship because you can tell he cares and is a genuinely good person.

He just needs to get a bit more fire to him and I think he needs more experienced X's and O's assistants with him.

Seems like he gets it - that the team isn't coming out ready - and that he's brought it to their attention. The issue that the players have to bring that out of themselves.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Seems like he gets it - that the team isn't coming out ready - and that he's brought it to their attention. The issue that the players have to bring that out of themselves.
He hasn’t thought about a rehab stint for Quinn? Um ok.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They all should, doesn't affect too much but can make a world of difference.
I think Dahlin tried it but found it too unconfortable and warm in one of the games immediately after the Johnson incident.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
This team can beat the Rangers, Bruins and Avalanche which are top-5 teams in the league, but then lose to mediocre teams like the Habs. I guess that tracks with being a very talented team, but also the youngest team in the league (especially when Levi is in net).

Gonna have to go on a real heater here to get back in the mix.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If we're going to talk about the tangential possibility of two regular defensemen being out, then the likelihood is that Bryson is now the #6 and the staff know to limit his TOI, which is exactly what they've done in the games he has played. The only game where he got more than 10 minutes this season involved them being up 3-0 on the Avs (and Bryson got 5:14 of his season high 13:28 in the third of that game). They knew situationally to keep his time down.

Now from a roster flexibility standpoint, sure, it would be great to have a spare forward available. But Bryson alone isn't really a problem for how he's been used. RJohnson has clearly passed him and that means instead of having two injuries and Bryson drawing 20-22 minutes like last year, he's drawing under 10. That's progress.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad