Confirmed with Link: Sabres hire data scientist Domenic Galamini Jr.

member 334057

Yoooooooooo.

I'm guessing these days are going to be focused 100% on the hockey side and not business.
Or perhaps they are going to perform analytics to determine the ideal price for beer in the arena to maximize profits :laugh:

Reactions: cramdizzl

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Or perhaps they are going to perform analytics to determine the ideal price for beer in the arena to maximize profits :laugh:
I think Delaware north controls it there.

They need to go the Atlanta Falcons route. Maybe people will show up to games and buy concessions if it's not absurdly priced

Reactions: brian_griffin

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
He'll be playing on the 2nd line come January during our annual tank out and half the roster out injured

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I'll add the videos which came to my mind...
It's fun how, in the last decade or so, the infamous Nerd vs. Jock rivalry finally broke down when both sides realized they could achieve great things (or at least win more games) by working together.

<U.N. Jefferson>"You put what?" ... "In their jock straps?"

Guy sounds super legit but for some reason I’m picturing Joe Pesci in a leather jacket yelling about fenwick
Reading the last part of the twitter paragraph, about projecting player performance, makes me think of the WKRP in Cincinnati Dr. Johnny Fever & Venus Flytrap alcohol impairment test with the state trooper. Video accelerated to avoid copyright by the uploader, but vignettes at 3:20, 9:05, and 14:45. Slow playback to 0.90 it sounds a little more normal.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Given the commentary from a swath of analytics twitter, sounds like they made a very, very good hire. It'll be interesting to see what sort of results this generates. I'm especially curious if they'll apply his work toward drafting.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2