Proposal: Sabres-Habs

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That's what I see. He was good in Minny, good in Buffalo the 1st year. I'd be ready to gamble he goes back to his old self (especially playing in his hometown). Buffalo seems happy to get rid of him (I trust them he's been awful, but he's worth a shot for us).

IMO, I'd prefer Peca to go. I still believe Hudon can be a player in this league. Peca is too, but limited upside compared to Hudon.

Win-Win.

It's not a huge price, but I don't see the point of giving up assets with potential (5th and Hudon) for a below average and rather old player. Don't think Scandella improves the Habs at all.

Jul 6, 2016
It's not a huge price, but I don't see the point of giving up assets with potential (5th and Hudon) for a below average and rather old player. Don't think Scandella improves the Habs at all.

29 is not that old. But can he skate fast and play well in his own zone ?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Can Scandella skate well above average? Its a trackmeet the way the Habs play

Last year he was a really good skater and top4 d. He had an injury and started the year terrible. He skates better now but the aggression and drive he had last year is nowhere to be seen.
Also our dzone tactics are complete rubbish and probably doesn’t help.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

It actually is pretty old. The average player falls off statistically at 29. Especially guys who are already on year 3 of decline into below average territory.

And no. Might as well have held onto Schlemko.

Jul 6, 2016
It actually is pretty old. The average player falls off statistically at 29. Especially guys who are already on year 3 of decline into below average territory.

No. Thanks !

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella looks awkward, but can actually skate. Looks like Larry Robinson in that regard.
Trade seems like a no brainer for MTL, as long as they can handle his cap hit. Scandella has been a top 4 guy in the recent past, and it's not unlikely that he will regain form, especially on a defensively responsible team like MTL.
29yo isn't old for a Dman, especially one who has good size and doesn't carry extra weight.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
I'll be the turd in the punch bowl...I think Scandella garners a 3rd and a piece or a 2nd based upon historical demand. That being said, I'd love to see you guys make a run and contribute to that effort.

Reactions: HabsTown

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Is he-was he injured ?

I think there has got to be something like this going on.

Last season he was really solid - often the Sabres best D.

I don't see how you can make a huge decline without some type of factor like an injury.

I think at this point I'd prefer to move both Beaulieu & Hunwick - who have never been good - then see what we have with Scandella next season. If he still sucks its no huge problem since its the last year of his contract.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004

If average is 29, it means 29 is normal, not pretty old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad