Sep 25, 2003
I miss Myers and Girgensons

G:
-Loowhen looks like a solid prospect
-Ennis/Stafford as usual

B:
-The ex-Sabre reunion tour rolls on
-Ritzolainen had a very rough 3rd
-Deslauriers please stop trying to be Tim Connolly kthx, when he and Foligno were cycling the puck you couldn't get them off of it. How do you not try 44-19-82??? Mindboggling.
-Conacher is just a little tiny ball of suck, he's like a mildly faster version of Flynn.
-Ellis on the ice for 4 secs in the 3rd for a key defensive faceoff in a tie game, -1. Welcome back Konopka, ughhhhhhhhhh
-Torrey Mitchell is a guy
-Watching Hodgson trying to catch Paul *** Byron, ughhhhhhhhh

U:
-Ville finally gets benched, Sabres proceed to give up 2 in the 3rd. Coincidence? I think not.
-14!!!! shots on goal.

ZeroPT*

Liewen was good. Risto was good through 40. I don't blame deslauriers... His ****ing playing with Scott and Ellis

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
I only watched the first period and a half of this one before having to head off to work, but 14 shots of goal has to be close to some sort of record. That's just embarrassing.

And I didn't get putting Deslauriers with Scott and Ellis. They gifted Mitchell a spot on the third line with admittedly not much better linemates in Leino and D'Agostini, but Deslauriers would have made a lot more sense in Mitchell's place there.

I've gained a ton of respect for Stafford and Ennis this year for continuing to play well while everything around them has gone to absolute ****.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
And it says a whole lot about your team when Cory Conacher plays over 20 minutes, McBain plays 22 minutes, Ristolainen gets 21 minutes, and D'Agostini gets over 16 minutes. Not that I have any problem with how Nolan dispersed playing time tonight because I don't think there were better options; this is just a beyond terrible roster after the injuries to Myers, Stewart, Girgensons, Enroth, and Neuvirth.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Remember when this team went on that winning streak and most started losing their **** because they thought this team wouldnt finish bottom 3? Oh good times haha.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Got to finish as far out of a playoff spot as possible this year and next year to increase their draft lottery percentage!

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
yeah, he's about done as an NHL'er. Might as well pack it in, go to college and get another career or something.

He'll still be able to make $100k a year as a very good AHL veteran or even luck into a Kevin Porter-type one-way contract from a team that's willing to spend NHL salaries on great AHL veterans. I definitely expected him to be a decent second-line scoring winger, though, so this has been pretty disappointing.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Remember when this team went on that winning streak and most started losing their **** because they thought this team wouldnt finish bottom 3? Oh good times haha.

Most? Really? I can recall about five or six making the most "noise" about hurting the tank etc.... I believe the majority were not worried at all.

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
He'll still be able to make $100k a year as a very good AHL veteran or even luck into a Kevin Porter-type one-way contract from a team that's willing to spend NHL salaries on great AHL veterans. I definitely expected him to be a decent second-line scoring winger, though, so this has been pretty disappointing.

I thought the AHL'ers normally get $55k a year, the 10th of the NHL league minimum. Oh well :dunno:

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I thought the AHL'ers normally get $55k a year, the 10th of the NHL league minimum. Oh well :dunno:

Vets often get more. Matt Ellis has an AHL salary of $300k, Jamie Tardif $225k, Drew Bagnall $250k. Adam's is $65k this year, but if he keeps up his play from this year he could definitely see himself making more in the AHL before too long (or if his AHL salary isn't enough he could go to Europe like a lot of other tweeners)

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
g- Stafford and Ennis again
-the rookies looked promising for about 40 minutes
-liked seeing CoHo on his off-wing

b-the other 20 minutes
-that play with Byron and CoHo

u-McBain and Weber

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
with teams really starting to push for the playoffs this year you might be right....

wonder what the NHL record is for most games without a win ?

Longest losing streak: 17 games (74-75 Capitals and 92-93 Sharks)

Longest winless streak: 30 games (80-81 Jets) - 23 losses, 7 ties

We can't break the winless streak record this year (not enough games left), but we can still set a new losing streak record.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
G- watched the stafford goal and then tuned the game out.
Stafford and Ennis are keeping the fan base as sane as possible.
keep those losses coming.

B- still 14 more games to go...

U- Leino. Everything else about this team.

Also, I was happy to see Lieuwen get the start, but what i saw (albeit it was only a little) wasn't all that impressive. He didn't play poorly, but he didn't play great either...then again, who can on this team?

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I liked CoHo on the wing more than center.

Deslauriers and Foligno had some bright spots and if they played simple like they did during those times they weren't able to be knocked off the puck then they'll improve ALOT...I just don't understand why Deslauriers was going away from that at times and trying to stick handle through everyone possible...it's not going to work kid..come on. It's okay to do it here and there against 1 or 2 players if you see a opening but against that many players??? Was disappointing/annoying to see that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad