Sabres finish 30th, "win" #3 draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PopeInTheWoods

Asset Overvaluer
Feb 5, 2015
Rochester NY USA
So the Sabres lose 4-2 to the 'Canes tonight (Monday), and there are tens of thousands of sighs of relief as The Tank apparently secures at worst the #2 OA pick in the upcoming draft.

April 18 rolls around, and Sabres fans tune in to see which of their 20% chance of McDavid or their 80% chance of Eichel becomes reality. But wait, why are there 15 envelopes on the table? The countdown begins normally down to Carolina at #6, then skips to Edmonton at #5, Arizona at #4, and Buffalo at #3. Before the the handful of un-exploded heads can produce the merest squeak of protest, Gary Bettman gleefully fires his anti-tank tactical nuke and reveals lottery winner Toronto at #2, with the First Overall Pick going to... The Las Vegas Aces! :amazed::amazed::amazed: Even though they don't begin play until the 2016-17 season, they are awarded the first pick in each round this year "to allow them to build a competitive organization."

Can't happen you say? What besides the threat of Bettman being force-fed his own liver, I mean being booed, at the 2016 draft in Buffalo prevents it? Talk me down off the ledge...

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think we can lock up this bizarre torture fantasy thread. Considering all 30 owners would be miffed at being dropped a pick for a team that doesn't exist.

PopeInTheWoods

Asset Overvaluer
Feb 5, 2015
Rochester NY USA
I think we can lock up this bizarre torture fantasy thread. Considering all 30 owners would be miffed at being dropped a pick for a team that doesn't exist.

Is there a smilie for that? I couldn't find one and didn't think sarcasm was either sufficient or necessary. This was "inspired" by all the "because Buffalo" and conspiracy talk of the last few months/decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad