WGR: Sabres' fathers enjoying their time with their sons

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres' fathers enjoying their time with their sons
Paul Reinhart and Bob Eichel have been big influences during the development of their sons' careers

Paul Reinhart:
“It’s been a great experience. Certainly as part of the father group, you appreciate the opportunity to get together and spend some time with your kid in this environment. But as an ex-player, you regret that you didn’t have an opportunity to do this with your father. It’s so much more professionally organized right from scheduling to nutrition to facilities. I mean, a huge difference in the facilities especially in the visiting room. It’s so much nicer. I’ve had a good relationship with all three of the boys and had the opportunity to coach all of them as kids growing up, so you always have the benefit of that. But Sam talks a lot, asks lots of questions, and I think he’s finding that he’s very comfortable this year and he’s looking at the philosophy that Ralph Krueger brings to the game is very similar from what he’s used to from me.”

Bob Eichel:
On why Jack is captain:
“It’s probably because he’s making the paycheck, that’s why they wanted him captain. But when you’ve got guys like Zach Bogosian, Carter Hutton, Kyle Okposo, you have guys in the room that help him. I mean, he doesn’t know anything. He’s never played a playoff game, so I think it’s really by committee.
“He talks to a lot of people. He talks to me every day, not that I’m going to help him, but it’s pretty good. A lot of people are supporting him.”

On watching Jack play:
He tries to stay positive, but there are times where you can say, ‘Man, you sucked’ like the other night when they were playing Vegas and I was up in the stands. In the second period, I said, ‘Geez, I thought you had the white jersey on playing for them in the second period’ and he gets the goal in the third and he said, ‘Yes, I had to regroup because I was forcing it a little bit. You can’t be good every night. Sidney Crosby’s the best player in the world and he’s going to have off nights.”

Bob talks like a dad and a fan. Paul acts like he's running a hockey academy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00