Sabres Expansion Draft Discussion -- Expansion Draft TODAY!!! (Use this for all expansion chatter)

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Sure. Go back and check. Revisionist. People were in love with Bjork and in a panic over losing Borgen.

I don't see anyone who wanted to protect Bjork over Asplund specifically. You made it sound like it was a common opinion, and there's no proof of that.

Now Borgen over Risto, there's plenty of proof of that, but that's not the claim you made.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
people wanting to expose Risto rather than Borgen though….

That was pretty much everyone, if memory serves. People just wanted him off the team by any means necessary, and we were all convinced he had no trade value because...if he had any, why the hell wasn't he traded in the past five years?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Where are all the posters who said we had to protect Bjork over Asplund. Will Borgen hasn't even played this year, BTW. Thank G-d management was smart enough to see how good Asplund was at his age. Bjork is a lifetime fourth liner.
Sure. Go back and check. Revisionist. People were in love with Bjork and in a panic over losing Borgen.
So I just searched this entire thread with the keyword Bjork and not a single person suggested Bjork over Asplund.

Some funny Tage Thompson takes I bet some people would want to forget and bury lol

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Seems Asplund is proving me wrong this season. Last season I wanted to protect Bjork over Asplund [under the assumption that Skinner wouldn't waive his NMC]. Asplund has been amazing and Bjork has been the invisible man.

I never posted in this thread, but I had mentioned this a week or so ago in Roster Speculation #5.

Be glad I'm not the GM because I also wanted the Sabres to hire Quenneville after Chicago canned him. Everything would've ended in disaster. :laugh:

Dunno why people are looking for a bunch of people who wanted Bjork over Asplund. It was a pretty unpopular opinion even when Bjork was playing really well. That said, let's also not pretend like everyone expected Asplund to break out like he has, most people had him penciled in as a 3rd or 4th liner[Larsson replacement].

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Borgen had 5 blocked shots in 14 minutes played last night.

Imagine keeping Dikembe Mutombo in the press box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad