Sabres & Erie Otters (OHL) FNC Event – IceDogs at Otters – Wed Oct 22, 7:00PM ET

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Sabres PR @SabresPR 4m
The Buffalo Sabres and Erie Otters (OHL) will hold a joint press conference tomorrow at 2 p.m. in First Niagara Center.

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington 1m
#Sabres announce presser tomorrow to discuss plans for Erie Otters game this season at FNC. Uh-huh. #ProjectMcDavid

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
This is too awesome. :laugh:

Step 1: Bring Combine and McDavid to Buffalo

Step 2: Allow Buffalonians to catch first glimpse of McDavid live at FNC

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Well, it's fun and all, but the McDavid odds aren't worth much. Vancouver, Washington, Columbus, Detroit all might as well have a McDavid day. We're all in the hat.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I thoroughly await the joint press conference with BU so that I can go watch my Terriers (and Eichel).

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
Well, it's fun and all, but the McDavid odds aren't worth much. Vancouver, Washington, Columbus, Detroit all might as well have a McDavid day. We're all in the hat.

Are you saying that Washington, Columbus and Detroit will all be bad enough to have a shot at McDavid? I could see Vancouver being a wild card for him, but the other three teams I don't see it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder if they have a longer term eye on perhaps bringing an OHL team to Buffalo?

Like if say the Otters get tired of the really old building in Erie and they can't get a deal done to build a new one....

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Well, hopefully McDavid isn't injured, suspended or away (WJC), as that'd be a letdown for the locals. I'm curious to see who the opponent is and if they decided to go with the other local club (Niagara), vs a Sabres prospect, vs another top prospect, etc.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Also this:

Sabres PR @SabresFakePR 10m
The Buffalo Sabres and Satan agree to 10-year blood pact over the rights to Conner McDavid. Souls and dollar value to come later.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If Pegs owns the Otters he could put McDavid into hiding.--fake his disappearance over the falls.

Better yet:

"We discovered evidence that Connor McDavid is actually 21 years old, and thus no longer draft eligible and we are signing him to an ELC effective immediately."

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL

According to @GoErieHockey, Connor McDavid will be at tomorrow's news conference.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL

According to @GoErieHockey, Connor McDavid will be at tomorrow's news conference.
Here's that tweet:

Victor Fernandes @GoErieHockey 8m
GM Sherry Bassin, head coach Kris Knoblauch, asst. and former @buflsabres D @JayMcKee74 and @cmcdavid97 will represent the @ErieOtters #erie

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Here's that tweet:

Victor Fernandes @GoErieHockey 8m
GM Sherry Bassin, head coach Kris Knoblauch, asst. and former @buflsabres D @JayMcKee74 and @cmcdavid97 will represent the @ErieOtters #erie

Oh god. Don't let McDavid near the Buffalo News trolls. He'll pull a lindros if we draft him :laugh:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He got through whatever game he attended last season. :laugh:

Yeah but its in a press conference format:

Bucky: This question is for Conner
Conner: Go ahead
Bucky: Conner, how would you feel if you were drafted by such an incompetent franchise and would you consider holding out if a franchise this awful drafted you? And, as a follow up, has Terry Pegula attempted to Bribe you in anyway?

Harrington: *interrupting* Speaking of Terry, why isn't he here today? Doesn't he think this press conference is important?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad