Proposal: Sabres-Ducks

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Typical HF offer.
Offer up players who either want to be moved or players the fan base here have wanted to move out and a + for another teams top forward and defense man
As a Sharks fan I say go for it Ducks

Reactions: duckpuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm isn't enough for Reinhart alone...and why the hell would the Sabres want ANOTHER defenseman?

Do some homework before you come up with these awful trade proposals...the Sabres don't need defensemen, they need to get rid of them.
Got to love these types of posters

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What would the Ducks want from the Sabres for Ryan Getzlaf?

Getzlaf is retiring here. He’s going to break Teemus records and score 1000 in a Ducks uni.

He’s also still a damn good player who we have nobody close to replacing. Him being moved means Henrique and Steel are our two best centres which is awful.

Reactions: Leonardo87

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
On the subject of Henrique, I am pretty sure the Ducks signed him with the intention of keeping him through that contract. They do need some veteran leaders and positive influences on the kids, and by all accounts, he is absolutely one of those. His game shouldn't deteriorate either, and he is versatile as to playing C or W. He's obviously not untouchable, but in no way is he a 'cap dump' move.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
There better be something way better than Asplund attached if you want to move that terribad Okposo contract for Henrique. Okposo makes more for only a year less and has a NTC
Meh let's be honest Henrique still holds some utility at the moment, but the last few years of that contract are very likely to be a massive anchor. I'd rather keep Asplund and deal with Okposo at a later time and date.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Setting aside the absurdity of this idea for a second, how nice would a top 4 of Dahlin, Lindholm, Jokiharju, and Montour be? That might make for one of the best transitioning defenses in the entire league. And it's a young group that would only keep getting better.

Back to reality, wherein the Ducks aren't trading their best defenseman, I do think there could be some deal to be made between these 2 clubs if ANA is looking for RHD.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Meh let's be honest Henrique still holds some utility at the moment, but the last few years of that contract are very likely to be a massive anchor. I'd rather keep Asplund and deal with Okposo at a later time and date.

That makes no sense at all. Because the Henrique deal *might* get bad the last few years, you want to trade for a guy whose contract is already a massive anchor and who's play is far worse? At present, Henrique is well worth his contract and Okposo is probably one of the top 10 worst contracts in the league but somehow you think swapping them for a B prospect is a good plan?

The Henrique deal is only 1 year longer... other than that, Okposo's cap hit is higher, his production is far lower and his NTC is more restrictive. There is no world in which it makes sense to give up Henrique for Okposo without a minimum of a 1st or 1st + attached

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Mittlestadt & Bogosian for Rakell. Who adds to make it fair?

Sabres would be dumb to trade Mittelstadt, just let him develop properly instead. Rakell is one of few quality players we have, on an amazing contract and (according to some) best friends with our best defenseman. Trading him would be just as dumb IMO. Unless of course the return is "too good to be true". Mittelstadt isn't that just yet, and when he is, Sabres won't trade him. :)

What about Henrique for Asplund and Okposo?

No, thank you.

Getzlaf, Ritchie/Kase for Reinhart, Sheary/Erod, Bogosian, Conditional pick

I really hope the Ducks don't trade Getzlaf.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Typical HF offer.
Offer up players who either want to be moved or players the fan base here have wanted to move out and a + for another teams top forward and defense man
As a Sharks fan I say go for it Ducks
OP is not a Sabres fan I’ve ever seen around, if he is at all.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
That makes no sense at all. Because the Henrique deal *might* get bad the last few years, you want to trade for a guy whose contract is already a massive anchor and who's play is far worse? At present, Henrique is well worth his contract and Okposo is probably one of the top 10 worst contracts in the league but somehow you think swapping them for a B prospect is a good plan?

The Henrique deal is only 1 year longer... other than that, Okposo's cap hit is higher, his production is far lower and his NTC is more restrictive. There is no world in which it makes sense to give up Henrique for Okposo without a minimum of a 1st or 1st + attached
No arguments on the Okposo front. His contract is awful, much worse than Henrique's. I wouldn't want my team taking that deal on if I were a Ducks fan. The only silver lining is he's at least looked like a useful bottom six guy this season. As for Henrique he was a 50 point player in his prime, at that point I would have loved to land him. Now that he's a 40 point player making 5.8 about to be on the wrong side of 30... Yeah I'll stay away from that for four more seasons after this one. Again he's an alright player now, I don't agree with you that Henrique at this point is "well worth his contract". That's the type of player I'd like my team to sign for around 4 million a year with short-term. (like the Marcus Johansson deal). He's overpaid for now and the term on his deal isn't desirable at all.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad