GDT: Sabres @ Dallas 8 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Go Through the Motions

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The Islanders have defeated the Rangers, and Washington has defeated Detroit. Anything less than a regulation win eliminates the boys.

Might as well go balls out in the 3rd and pull the goalie early if nothing on the scoreboard changes
Is that true? Without looking at remaining games schedule, TSN.CA shows WAS with 85 points with 4 games remaining, BUF with 79 with 3 games remaining. If BUF wins out and WAS loses out, BUF will have 85 points and the first tiebreaker with WAS. Common opponent games may not be factored in.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I officially stopped watching after the first period of the Detroit game. But I will ask anyone who suffered through it -- how was Krebs? He got less than 10 minutes of play...

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I officially stopped watching after the first period of the Detroit game. But I will ask anyone who suffered through it -- how was Krebs? He got less than 10 minutes of play...

DeBoer matched one of his top 2 lines against Skinner/Krebs/Greenway all game. They didn't generate a whole ton of offense, but also weren't overmatched.

Krebs was himself -- looked semi-dangerous at times, ultimately resulting in nothing. Yeah, he got a point -- but it was a secondary assist on a Dahlin shot that really should have been stopped; had UPL allowed that goal, it'd still be being talked about.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
DeBoer matched one of his top 2 lines against Skinner/Krebs/Greenway all game. They didn't generate a whole ton of offense, but also weren't overmatched.

Krebs was himself -- looked semi-dangerous at times, ultimately resulting in nothing. Yeah, he got a point -- but it was a secondary assist on a Dahlin shot that really should have been stopped; had UPL allowed that goal, it'd still be being talked about.
Thanks.

Reactions: Zman5778

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Not too early. Tomorrow's game for Pittsburgh vs Detroit will bring one of the teams to 86 points, which will be more than what we can get in our final 3 games (85 points).

EDIT: @brian_griffin for visibility
thanks. As I said, I didn't check common opponent games, so makes sense.
I can't get NHL.com standings to load on any device so don't know what they show re: elimination.
TSN should show it correctly. English-metric conversion doesn't apply to possible points math.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
thanks. As I said, I didn't check common opponent games, so makes sense.
I can't get NHL.com standings to load on any device so don't know what they show re: elimination.
TSN should show it correctly. English-metric conversion doesn't apply to possible points math.
They don't show eliminated teams on the Standings (only playoff clinched) from NHL.com. I only know that they are officially eliminated because I've been keeping tabs on the teams we are fighting with for a spot, and looking at their schedule. But some media outlets may wait until the outcome of THAT game to officially show them eliminated.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Did anybody catch Marty Biron calling out the team postgame? Heard some people talking about it but I turned it off well before then

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
She's an "instagram model" whatever the hell that is. I think it's right up there with "influencer"...I wonder if Dallas' coach tells the players that they're doing extra laps if they get caught eyeballing those things. Must be distracting as hell especially for those very young players :laugh:
Hell, I'm an old man and she's distracting!! :highclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad