Proposal: Sabres - Calargy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'll leave this open until another mod sees fit to lock it or until morning.

But this is a god-awful proposal for the Flames. Why on earth would Calgary send us a 1st round pick for our trash PLUS Hanifin.

Olofsson and a 3rd isn't anywhere close to first round value, even if we retain 50% of his contract.
Bryson probably has zero value around the league.

Hell, Calgary likely doesn't even consider the deal if you take their first round pick out. Hanifin non-extended is worth a 1st plus something. Hanifin extended is worth a 1st plus something nice.

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
Hanifin, Noah
2023 1st round pick (CGY)
For
Bryson, Jacob
Olofsson, Victor
2023 3rd round pick (LAK)

Hanifan wants out.
Bryson could help replace
Olofsson And 3rd would be decent value for Calgary to give up the first
I've been drinking for about 4 hours, and I think I may only be the second-drunkest poster in this thread.

If you swap Owen Power into the proposal in place of Bryson the value will be closer, but still a non-starter.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Hanifin, Noah
2023 1st round pick (CGY)
For
Bryson, Jacob
Olofsson, Victor
2023 3rd round pick (LAK)

Hanifan wants out.
Bryson could help replace
Olofsson And 3rd would be decent value for Calgary to give up the first
Hey Tim, welcome to HF!
As to your trade proposal, it's really bad. Honestly sounds like a Joe DiBiase special, right @Ace ? 😆

If you swapped the draft picks in the deal (we send the 1st to Calgary, email we get the 3rd) they might not immediately hang up on you.

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Keep it simple - Hanifin (with agreed extension) for #13. No more, no less.

Hanifin is not my first choice - but if we can't get a Pesce, or if this staff simply identified Hanifin as their guy - it's a fair price to pay.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sure, from Buffalo's perspective. Highway robbery.

Calgary hangs up the phone and doesn't take any further calls on anything.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Didn't recognize the handle and thought it was a Calgary fan. Then I realized it was a 1st post. What a rollercoaster ride.

With all this. It does look like the Flames will be having a fire sale. They don't have our ideal guy but there's always some useful gems if you sort through.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Honestly they will be scrambling to get something of value for those players might not get the first but add a 45th and joki retain 50% on olofsson it could work rather trade for pesce but than maybe we can trade 13 and ostlund as a base for pesce and stall going all in:
Skinner-thompson-tuch
Quinn-stall-cozens
Mitts-krebs-jjp
Greenway-girgs-okie
Sammy-dahlin
Power-pesce
Hannifin-boosh
Stillman
Than offer sheet swayman
Swayman
Upl
Comrie and have levi start in Rochester, that looks like a cup contender on paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad